Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Uwe Rosler Sacked

Comments

• Options
    Can see Pullis taking this one on actually. It'll be a good fit for both.
  • Options

I just read somewhere that Dave Whelan broke his leg in a FA Cup final, did anyone else know that, I have never heard him mention it before :-)

I remember it well. Playing at full back for Blackburn v Wolves in 1960 Cup Final. Crunching tackle on I think Norman Deeley the Wolves winger. Days before subs and the 10 man Blackburn lost 3-0. I think Deeley scored two.
  • Options

Can't stand whelan or the club

Be interested in your reasons why.

IMO, Whelan is pretty unique in the modern game, a football man who played the game, knows the game and loves the game, who has gone away and been successful in business and.put it back into his town and club.

Bet he is a managers dream as a chairman
    Plus he played in an FA Cup final you know.
  • Options

Great, means we can finally sign Delort......

That deserves a flag!!!
  • Options
    I quite like wigan and whelan his stance on that piece of shit Marlon king was superb
  • Options
    The Wigan Golden years are over. Will probably not experience that Premier league survival against all odds year after year miracle for a long time to come.
    They have recent success of FA cup in the bag for their fans to reflect on but think they should just concentrate on staying in the championship division instead of going completely off the map, reverting to pre 2000.
  • Options

IMO, Whelan is pretty unique in the modern game, a football man who played the game, knows the game and loves the game, who has gone away and been successful in business and.put it back into his town and club.

And had a serious injury in the final. Not a lot of people know that.
  • Options
    They still have some decent players there:

Scott Carson
    Gary Caldwell
    Ben Watson
    Shaun Maloney
    James McClean
    Callum McManaman
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

The Wigan Golden years are over. Will probably not experience that Premier league survival against all odds year after year miracle for a long time to come.
    They have recent success of FA cup in the bag for their fans to reflect on but think they should just concentrate on staying in the championship division instead of going completely off the map, reverting to pre 2000.

Exactly they're even punching above their weight in The Championship, historically speaking.
  • Options

Really what injury was that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would have agreed until recently when he complained about clubs in the Prem having rich sugar daddies making it hard for Wigan to compete.

Seemed to overlook that he was Wigan's rich sugar daddy who meant that other clubs of the same size as Wigan, before his takeover, couldn't compete.
  • Options

Scott Carson
    Gary Caldwell
    Ben Watson
    Shaun Maloney
    James McClean
    Callum McManaman

cliché time Paulie .. perhaps Uwe Uwe had 'lost the dressing room' like little Bo Peep and all her sheep
  • Options

Scott Carson
    Gary Caldwell
    Ben Watson
    Shaun Maloney
    James McClean
    Callum McManaman

cliché time Paulie .. perhaps Uwe Uwe had 'lost the dressing room' like little Bo Peep and all her sheep
    that was more to do with the comment above about the should concentrate on survival, I was saying they have players that should be pushing them top half possibly top 6
  • Options

He started too many threads and broke his fingers.
  • Options

He started too many threads and broke his fingers.
    that don't sound to serioucccccch

sorry I am now typing one handed think I just broke a finger
  • Options
    The longer they stay out of the PL, the harder it will be to get back, as (leaving FFP to one side) the Championship is full of ambitious clubs willing to spend money to reach the promised land, and Wigan's fanbase just isn't very big.

It's interesting that Brentford (Rosler's former club) are now above Wigan in the table...
  • Options
    AFKABartram,Henry's comment is one reason plus a few seasons back I was in one of the boxes at Wigan for our 3-0 defeat and some pretty low comments were made by whelan and a few other Wigan cronies which I certainly didn't expect to hear unless I was on the terraces and it wasn't banter either
  • Options

AFKABartram,Henry's comment is one reason plus a few seasons back I was in one of the boxes at Wigan for our 3-0 defeat and some pretty low comments were made by whelan and a few other Wigan cronies which I certainly didn't expect to hear unless I was on the terraces and it wasn't banter either

Fair enough mate, cheers
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Starting to look a bit like the Portsmouth decline. Win an FA Cup and with the relatively short history of the club, not the biggest core of support, we could see them drop down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I also heard Whelan and his cronies weren't the biggest fan of mike Ashley and tried to freeze him out of the fashionable discount sports clothes industry. Something about prices being rigged or along those lines. I'm sure he's got a nasty side
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Dave2l said:

Starting to look a bit like the Portsmouth decline. Win an FA Cup and with the relatively short history of the club, not the biggest core of support, we could see them drop down
    Hang on a minute, we don't want Wigan to drop too far ..... we need to leave room for Millwall.

• Options

My theory is that the only reason Jose Riga stuck it so long at Blackpool was to leave on his own terms and walk into a better club.
    I've been surprised that he never features on the bookies odds for championship jobs.
    With AC Milan and Charlton rescue on his cv he could clearly do a job at any underperforming club like Wigan.
    Come to think of it his recent press release was basically saying I know all these cheap decent players in France, Belgium and Netherlands so come get me.
  • Options
    Paul jewellery I rekon
  • Options

I'll believe it when there's three threads on it.

But it's not on the OS
  • Options
    Also, what's the betting they've picked up massively come February
  • Options
    Karl Robinson. What's he priced at?
  • Options
    Delort having yet another tear drop tattooed on his boat race as we speak
  • Options

My theory is that the only reason Jose Riga stuck it so long at Blackpool was to leave on his own terms and walk into a better club.
    I've been surprised that he never features on the bookies odds for championship jobs.
    With AC Milan and Charlton rescue on his cv he could clearly do a job at any underperforming club like Wigan.
    Come to think of it his recent press release was basically saying I know all these cheap decent players in France, Belgium and Netherlands so come get me.
    Riga is 25/1 for the Wigan job.