Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rebekah Gibbs R.I.P

After a 6 year battle with breast cancer Rebekah Gibbs (Nina Farr in casualty) has sadly passed away aged 41

Condolences to her friends and family.

We really need to find a way to beat cancer once and for all 41 is far to young

Comments

• Options
    RIP Beautiful Woman
  • Options
    It is and we do. Have had my own battle with cancer (winning so far) and now a close family member has been diagnosed. It is hard to beat though.
  • Options
    RIP Rebekah and keep up the fight @HantsAddick‌ .
  • Options
    Thanks Madz. Wasn't saying it for attention, honestly, just wanted to say how I loathe this disease, and want it beaten for everyone.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The actress, who also appeared in The Bill and on stage in A Chorus Line, Grease and Starlight Express, was given the five year all clear in April 2013.

I hate the 'all clear' call. It's like they want you to believe you become immune after five years. You don't.

RIP young lady.
  • Options
    She has a child of 6 - the same age as my son. Tears me up just thinking what me and my boy would do without my wife. So sad.

And HantsAddick - great news that you are winning that fight. Keep your chin up and keep on fighting. Give that cancer a massive kick up the arse and tell it where to go. You can do it.
  • Options
    That's very sad. RIP. Good luck HantsAddick keep winning!
  • Options

Thanks Madz. Wasn't saying it for attention, honestly, just wanted to say how I loathe this disease, and want it beaten for everyone.

I'm sure you weren't at all, just passing on my support of you as well :-)
  • Options
    Far too young .. RIP
  • Options
    Omg so young thoughts are with her family and friends RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost one young uncle, 53, a couple of months ago and have another suffering with this horrible disease. I didn't recognise Rebekah, but read her sad story in the Standard this evening. Tragically young and with such a young child. So sad for her husband, daughter, family & friends. Rest in Peace.
  • Options
    RIP young lady. Lost my dear sister also 41 to this horrible disease she also left 2 young kids. Both have since grown up and done very well, one who posts on here occasionally, and is also a true Addick.