Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I've been involved in a car accident

..........Apparently.

Every day for the past 2 weeks I've recieved at least 2 phone calls telling me they can help me claim compensation for the accident. Now, I actually think I'm a pretty good driver (or a lucky one), as I've not actually been involved in an accident since 1995, so where the hell are these chancers getting their info from?

Had the same mobile No for about 8 years now, but because of these dicks, I'm seriously thinking of changing it.

Are these calls commonplace for anyone else?.............

Comments

• Options
    If it is a person string em along for a bit.

oh which one, I had a minor prang back in June or is it the whiplash one when the bus smacked into the back of me?
  • Options

..........Apparently.

Every day for the past 2 weeks I've recieved at least 2 phone calls telling me they can help me claim compensation for the accident. Now, I actually think I'm a pretty good driver (or a lucky one), as I've not actually been involved in an accident since 1995, so where the hell are these chancers getting their info from?

Had the same mobile No for about 8 years now, but because of these dicks, I'm seriously thinking of changing it.

Same here. Every day for the past two weeks.
  • Options
    I had them calls a few months ago. They said I'd had a crash, so I asked them where it was. They couldn't tell me, unsurprisingly.
    They keep ringing, as they obviously have your number on a list.
    I wouldn't bother changing, because, they'll only get hold of your new number in due course.
  • Options
    Yep, just block the numbers on your mobile
  • Options

I must have done this to dozens of numbers but I still keep getting them. They are now coming through as unknown numbers.
  • Options

Numbers are always witheld, so can't block them. The simple thing would be to just ignore any calls not showing numbers, however, I also have a few contacts that (for various reasons) also hide their number, including my sons school.........
  • Options

I must have done this to dozens of numbers but I still keep getting them. They are now coming through as unknown numbers.
    That's the brasses calling you about the money you owe them Dave.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Does my head in and I rarely give out my mobile number. As someone has said if the number ain't in my contacts I don't answer, if it's that urgent they'll send a text.
  • Options
    I've had a few on my home phone which is strange 'cos i don't and have never driven.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html - register for this, I did and haven't had a single PPI/Insurance cold call since
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

Blinking eck Mouta great minds....
  • Options
    I got some bloke yesterday telling me according to their records I could claim compensation for an injury in an accident I had had in the last 3 years. I get so many of these and yesterday it just got to me. So I asked him to tell me all about the "accident" to see if his information was correct. He tried to bluster for a bit about the info being from a survey I had carried out, and he tried a tentative " whiplash?". I then told him that he really had no information about any accident at all in front of him and it was all a load of cobblers.
    He waffled incoherently for a moment or two then complained " I'm only trying to help!"
    So I thanked him and told him he could really help me by taking me off the database and then hanging up.
    He then helped me considerably by doing one of those...
    I know they have a job to do, and all that, but even if you block one number another one appears it seems. It is a pain in the arse, maybe I should try and make a claim with them for that!
  • Options

That's the brasses calling you about the money you owe them Dave.
    Ahh, you could be right. All I hear is "payment for being rear ended" and I put the phone down.
  • Options
    No way these calls used to annoy me

Now I see them as a blessing to play up. Out come all of my impressions. I had one of these calls today and gave my best Oscar pistorious it's first airing.

The fpo reckons it will just encourage the calls. Brilliant, more opportunities to act the prat
  • Options

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html - register for this, I did and haven't had a single PPI/Insurance cold call since

Same here.
  • Options
    I've now registered with that site, so I'll see how it goes............
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    My landline & mobile are both registered, but I still get calls & texts. The calls on the landline are the scammers who want to access your PC or you've had an accident calls & the texts are PPI etc.

Most of these are from overseas and there's bugger all you can do to stop them.
  • Options

..........Apparently.

Buy a whistle and carry it on your person like it's your house keys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Told my mate about this thread tonight and he said, just tell them you are terminally ill and surprisingly after an 'oh sorry to have troubled you' the phone goes dead.
  • Options
    Maybe they are calling from the future? Be afraid...
  • Options
    Sorry - I've just been watching a rerun of Star Trek: The next generation. They are always meeting themselves from the future.
  • Options
    I find telling them I'm not the property owner gets rid of them.
  • Options
    I;ve had the same thing for around a year now...........once I pretended to break down in tears saying " you mean the accident that killed my wife & kids........." poor guy didn't know what to say & hung up.
  • Options

This!
  • Options
    I once led a conservatory salesman on for ages years ago, I picked what style I wanted size etc arranged appointment for them to come round gave my address, and just as we were confirming it all asked if it would be built on stilts as I lived on the 1st floor of a block of flats to which I got called a nasty name and the phone put down, wasted about 20 minutes of his time.
  • Options
    Remember one where the bloke rings up and says you've had a car accident recently.

'Is that the one where I got decapitated' says the receiver of the call.

'Yes that's the one' says the caller.

Bloke played him along for ages, going on about being decapitated and then having it sewn back on and wanting to claim compensation.