Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dexter

So I've been watching Dexter for the past few months and just finished season 4.

It now feels in series 5 like they had no idea where to go and they even admitted killing off the character at the end of season 4 was a snap decision. (decision was made with 3 episodes left to write for that season!)

I don't see how it can continue without the now deceased character certainly not with the same feeling.

I think they have killed the show with that move!

Does the show pick back up again? I've heard the final season is a bit pants but never have I felt like not continuing a series like I do now.

Comments

• Options
    Valar morghulis
  • Options
    I think it's still worth watching to the end but I don't think any later seasons match the fourth and to be honest nothing comes close to the pilot season. Trinity was definitely one of the better story lines though.
  • Options
    The final season is rubbish
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Valar morghulis

That's not back on til March...

• Options
    Season Series 5 was a bit rubbish but I enjoyed 6 (Colin Hanks and Eddie Olmos are superb), 7 was quite interesting, exploring the relationship between Dexter and his sister - plus Hanna McKay is an absolute sort! 8 was a letdown.

Overall I'd still watch it to the end though.
  • Options
    Cheers Rizzo and Santa
  • Options
    No worries Dazzler. Hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    Would have a had a legend Series status in my eyes if it finished on the Trinity one.

Read the books as well. Very good read.
  • Options
    I got to the same point and wondered if it was worth finishing. Im glad I did, because it showed me precisely how awful a show could become. And the vast majority of fans wouldn't argue against that.

The Colin Hanks (I really like Hanks) season had me cringing, but the final season had me laughing out loud. The shark gets well and truly leapt over in the Hanks season.

The creator/ show runner left before the final season, which explains it to a degree. But only if it happens that Rod, Jane and Freddy took over the writers' room.
  • Options
    If your not enjoying it then stop, no sense watching another 4 seasons, that being said i loved Dexter and season 5 is actually my favourite of them all, all about opinions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Season 5 was good - one of my favourites. 6 was OK, but 7 & 8 were only worth watching for Yvonne Strahovski. Season 8 was putrid.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Chunes said:

Valar morghulis

That's not back on til March...

Get to the end of Dexter then discuss Chunes' comment...
  • Options
    I liked Trinity the best. John Lithgow made my skin crawl.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'd sum it up as follows:

1. Quality, with a perfect ending.
    2. Very good - loved the Dexter/Doakes dynamic, and the 'pardon my tits' bit was obviously good.
    3. Good, but not as good as 1&2.
    4. Best series.
    5. Good - I like both Johnny Lee Miller and Julia Stiles anyway and the characters they played were well written.
    6. Poor, very predictable. Pretty laughable in parts. Great last scene though.
    7. Still not great but better than 6. The bloke that plays Issac is very good.
    8. God awful.
  • Options
    Right I'll keep going until the end then!
  • Options
    Stop after Series 7 mate!!
  • Options
    The ending was so disappointing when Dexter realised it was all a dream and he was actually a dustman in Grimsby.

Shocking.............
  • Options
    All or nothing.
  • Options

The ending was so disappointing when Dexter realised it was all a dream and he was actually a dustman in Grimsby.

Shocking.............

That would have been cleverer. I'm not even joking.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Chunes said:

Valar morghulis

I didn't see any reason why this was relevant at the end? Not all men died?
    JiMMy 85 said:

Shocking.............

That would have been cleverer. I'm not even joking.
    How they even got to the very ending that they did was stupid. I was disappointed, however I'm glad it's all over as now I don't have to watch Dexter talking to ghost Dad, ignoring his son (who magically changed for the last season) and generally being the same story over and over... Am I good? Am I a monster?

Yvonne Strahkovski though!
  • Options
    Valar morghulis is 'all men must die', unfortunately the producers of Dexter ignored this advice and gave us a lumberjack instead.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Valar morghulis

Didn't she play Edmund's religious aunt in Blackadder II?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Valar morghulis is 'all men must die', unfortunately the producers of Dexter ignored this advice and gave us a lumberjack instead.

That makes much more sense. I guess maybe they wanted to keep the door open, just incase they thought to be more creative in future in bringing Dexter back... Though they killed it really in series 6&7. Even with Ms Strahkovski it struggled...