Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TOL Poppies

The visit to the Tower of London to see the moat of poppies is well worth it.......lots of pensioners doing the penguin shuffle in a sombre atmosphere but a fantastic sight and highly recommended.

Comments

• Options
    Tried to order one of the poppies and do my part for charity, but they are sold out! I seriously hope that none of them appear on ebay at vastly inflated prices as people try to make money out of them!
  • Options
    It's been rammed down there over the last couple of weeks.
    Most lunchtimes it's about 10 deep.
  • Options
    We bought three the day they went on sale one for each of my kids, will be pit proudly in my family chest with all other family war momento

Great they've all been bought
  • Options

We bought three the day they went on sale one for each of my kids, will be pit proudly in my family chest with all other family war momento

Great they've all been bought

Great idea. My mum has bought one for me but I couldn't really think where it could be kept. We've got a display cabinet thing of my great granddads stuff so hopefully it can fit in there.
  • Options
    Went with a couple of mates to "plant" some of the poppies, fantastic morning and superb to be involved albeit in a small way in something that the British do really well.
    It also brings home too you the sheer physical numbers of brave people who sacrificed their lives, to allow us the liberty of arguing about whether wearing a poppy is a good thing @buyonepeople
  • Options

Tried to order one of the poppies and do my part for charity, but they are sold out! I seriously hope that none of them appear on ebay at vastly inflated prices as people try to make money out of them!

Unfortunately, of course they will.

Ordered mine a while back now, so glad I didn't wait around.
    With an expected 4 million visitors over 10 days I'd imagine they could have sold each poppy 3 or 4 times over if they were available.
  • Options
    My wife, her sister and mother did some voluntary planting a few weeks ago too.
  • Options
    I'm going tomorrow afternoon seeing as the ticket office won't be open.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I'm going tomorrow afternoon seeing as the ticket office won't be open.

Good call Eddie. It's gonna be packed but don't follow the hoards and join the queue if you come out of Tower Hill station. Head further east i.e go to the left hand side of the tower and there is another entrance with no queue. Then you can join in the penguin shuffle.