Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virgin Galactic Crash

Test pilot sadly killed today, 70 people signed up to fly into space @ £155k a seat (50 million) is it a vanity project for the rich, or a pioneering glimpse of the future?

http://news.sky.com/story/1364960/virgin-galactic-crash-a-massive-setback

Comments

• Options
    70 x 155k does not equal 50 million.

• Options
    Cheers Husks, I thought their was a fault in the plan, let alone the math!
  • Options
    I know a guy who has his name down to do this - I wonder if he'll rethink now
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Like too many of Branson's schemes this was really another non-starter from the outset. NASA has a budget of billions of dollars, if Branson thought he could do space travel on the cheap he was wrong.
    This crash will end the whole programme. Good publicity for Virgin and Branson for ten long years and now dead in the water, or rather crashed down to earth.
    RIP the test pilot and Branson's glory seeking venture/publicity stunt
  • Options
    I worked with someone who got one of these as his 18th birthday present from his dad. He seemed slightly underwhelmed when I showed him the sony xperia phone I got for mine.
  • Options

Like too many of Branson's schemes this was really another non-starter from the outset. NASA has a budget of billions of dollars, if Branson thought he could do space travel on the cheap he was wrong.
    This crash will end the whole programme. Good publicity for Virgin and Branson for ten long years and now dead in the water, or rather crashed down to earth.
    RIP the test pilot and Branson's glory seeking venture/publicity stunt

Yeah he is such a failure that Branson bloke!

He is pioneering something totally new and I think will succeed.
  • Options

...is it a vanity project for the rich, or a pioneering glimpse of the future?

Both
  • Options
    Maths.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

70 x 155k does not equal 50 million.

Yeah but imagine how much one of them mini cans of beer will be? they'll easily break 50 mil