Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Charlton Life is better than chatting to Charlton fans in the pub

Well this got me thinking.
The beer is cheaper for starters, and this week absinthe has been available.
You can smoke whilst on Charlton Life. A pipe, a crack pipe (judging by some posts), a fine cigar, a Whacky woodbine. -knock yourself out.
No one to tell you to take your hat off like they do in Greenwich 'spoons.
It's open all night.
You don't have to personally witness Paulie's highlights nor judge the exact size of Golfie's 'tv dinner friend's' norks.

Conversations can be sunk.

There must be loads of reasons why CL is better than the bar......

Comments

• Instead of getting a cab home you can just log out
  • Everyone is much better looking on CL.
  • Dave2l said:

Instead of getting a cab home you can just log out

The only problem is I'm constantly logged on, posting on numerous different threads. It's akin to a continuous lock in, which in itself has its problems. Obviously I'm not going to get liver damage but I do find myself drinking on the job (a lot)......
  • To paraphrase the eagles, Hotel California, you can log out, but you can never leave.
  • Down the pub most of your mates have same circle of knowledge. Never ceases to amaze me the things learn on this site.
  • edited October 2014
    MrOneLung said:

Down the pub most of your mates have same circle of knowledge. Never ceases to amaze me the things learn on this site.

Too right, who knew Susan Kennedy was a lesbian?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Down the pub most of your mates have same circle of knowledge. Never ceases to amaze me the things learn on this site.

I know, that shocked me too.
  • Please sink this thread!
  • I can act like a total clown on here......oh wait, hang on, I do that in the pub as well.

oh well, at least I can't get a smack in the mouth for acting like that on here!
  • Because I've been liked by over 1000 people on here... How could you get that in a pub, be a bloody big venue ;)
  • because golfies love story is more gripping in text format
  • The pub quizzes are better on CL, especially the picture rounds on football grounds.
  • edited October 2014

Because I've been liked by one bloke in his pants 1000 times on here... How could you get that in a pub, be a bloody big venue ;)

• MrOneLung said:

Are you being serious?
  • You don't have to put up with AFKA's halitosis.
  • Sponsored links:

• because golfies love story is more gripping in text format

I dunno, Golfie reading it Jackanory style in the pub would be quality.
  • Nathan Prior can't lob a glass at you in here
  • I've spoken to so many different fans in pubs away from home up and down the country, and literally never come across any lifers.
    My opinions on here cause outrage at times but in person Charlton fans usually see where I'm coming from, on that note, give me the pub over Charlton Life any day of the week!
  • I don't have to look at any of your disgusting faces
  • I've spoken to so many different fans in pubs away from home up and down the country, and literally never come across any lifers.
    My opinions on here cause outrage at times but in person Charlton fans usually see where I'm coming from, on that note, give me the pub over Charlton Life any day of the week!

You have, it's just you're not in the clique, so they avoided owning up to being lifers!
  • When someone offers you a fight you can continue to goad them.
  • Cant drink at work
  • the rachel riley thread