Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters to resist temptation of recalling loan striker

Comments

• Options
    Fair enough.. and it's nice to know that Pigott can quickly be recalled in an 'emergency
  • Options
    I was wondering which striker this referred to, seeing that we also have Reza and Polish Pete out on loan!
  • Options
    I forgot that we hadn't sold Reza. Drat
  • Options
    If we was to recall a striker I'd rather it be Polish Pete than Piggott or Reza
  • Options

Why?
  • Options
    Loaning out both Piggott, and Holmes Dennis were the right decisions at the right time, and we should let things be on that front. If Polish Pete is positively re-programming his game he might still surprise, as for Reza let's hope the Kuwaiti's have more money than sense.
  • Options
    Kap10 I've seen Piggott and Reza play and not impressed with either but only had a very fleeting glimpse of Polish Pete so can't judge just yet on him but would rather see more of him than the other two and if all three are no good so be it
  • Options

Let's recall Kermorgant from Bournemouth

Move on
    Let's recall Darren Bent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not sure we can recall them, at least not until January. At least that's usually the case for long term loans over here.
  • Options
    Just play a video of us against Millwall on the TV. That'll stop any sort of temptation.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Just play a video of us against Millwall on the TV. That'll stop any sort of temptation.

A year is a long time in football.....

Bob's doing the right thing. Let Joe play as many games as possible, including the Xmas period. Hopefully he scores a few goals but more importantly, comes to terms with the physical side (both during the games and the post match recovery). Then if we need him, call him back for the second half of the season.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    dizzee said:

Exactly.
    One decent goal in a piss poor league doesn't make Joe a decent striker.
    Nor does it with Polish Pete the other week, granted.
    But overall we've seen enough of Joe to suggest that not only is he not good enough for Charlton but ultimately he will end up at Welling for the remainder of his career.
  • Options
    Can we recall bent?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Can we recall bent?

Which one?
  • Options
    Reza is going well in Kuwait, 4 games played, scored in them all, 7 goals in total.

Then again i imagine the standard of defending in the Kuwaiti league to be on a par with the Kent league