Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV programmes that you once loved but now think are shite

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Can I start with 'A Question of Sport' - I once (30 years ago mind) thought this was unmissable. I now find it toe-curlingly unwatchable.

Sue Barker. She's so bloody bland, just chuckling away as Phil Tufnell gets over excited trying to do the charades round.

Still gives her something to do in between Wimbledon and Sports personality of the year
    David Coleman was hardly a bundle of laughs though, was he.
  • Options
    Dads Army.
  • Options
    It's a Knockout = Stuart Hall

Top of the pops =Jimmy saville Or DLT or Gary Glitter or Jonathan king etc

The Rolf Harris show = Rolf Harris

The sewers of London = I know this wasn't mainstream (more underground)

It's a knockout and Jeux sans frontieres were great to watch as a kid.

The Germans won JSF Most of the time.

Happy days, wouldn't work now thou, would it ?

• Options

cabbles said:

Can I start with 'A Question of Sport' - I once (30 years ago mind) thought this was unmissable. I now find it toe-curlingly unwatchable.

Sue Barker. She's so bloody bland, just chuckling away as Phil Tufnell gets over excited trying to do the charades round.

Still gives her something to do in between Wimbledon and Sports personality of the year
    True.
  • Options
    The Weather
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

True.
    It was a bit more of a serious quiz back then though, not a scripted load of shit acting as a stepping stone for has been sportsman to try to become shit celebrities.
  • Options
    Mind your Language
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Mind your Language

Along with "Love thy neighbour" ?
  • Options
    Peep Show. Should have stopped after Series 4. I still think it's really funny, but just incredibly pointless and the storylines are getting more ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doctor Who ( I only ever watched it when Tom Baker played the role)
    Another shout for Eastenders
    Most of the programmes I loved once are no longer on!
  • Options
    Used to run through a brick wall just to get home in time for neighbours.
  • Options
    Waterloo Road. It used to be ok, but gave up when the school moved to Scotland. Wtf !

Casualty & Holby. I gave up on them, when the hospital was blown up/caught fire twice within about 10 weeks.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Might have been quicker to go round/over it.

• Options
    edited October 2014

shirty5 said:

Mind your Language

Along with "Love thy neighbour" ?

And "Mixed Blessings"
  • Options
    Deal or no deal
  • Options
    Moonlighting

I was nuts about this when it was first out. Saw it again a year or so back......oh dear.
  • Options
    A few years back I saw Lost in Space for the first time since about 1969. Although I factored in I was years older, it really was shite. What made it worse was back in the day I was watching it on an old B&W telly, which added to the atmosphere, but seeing it properly for the first time revealed how bad the sets/props were - I think my primary school did a better job every christmas at the nativity play.
  • Options
    Big Brother (non celebrity version)
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

What, every day? Did someone keep rebuilding it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    It tears my soul to admit this, but Fawlty Towers. I bought a box set of Towers back in may, and found bits of it embarrassing. I thought maybe it was because I liked it when I was Young, so I tried it on the children, but they both walked out after a while, citing 'better things to do'. Sad.
  • Options
    Top gear.
    Jim'll fix it.
  • Options
    Soccer AM
  • Options

It tears my soul to admit this, but Fawlty Towers. I bought a box set of Towers back in may, and found bits of it embarrassing. I thought maybe it was because I liked it when I was Young, so I tried it on the children, but they both walked out after a while, citing 'better things to do'. Sad.

Sorry that I had to flag you, but in my opinion there is not a funnier character out there than Basil Fawlty.
  • Options
    Dragon's Den has gone on too long...
  • Options
    The Apprentice.
    And another vote for A Q of S - the humour is forced now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Bill & Ben. It was brilliant 50 years ago but to be frank I think it has become bloody infantile.

"Little weed". It simply doesn't say anything about the important issues.

That may change when Nigel Farage does his guest spot. Let's hear you "oooohhhh flobentop" now you wierdo.
  • Options
    Soccer AM
    Eastenders
  • Options
    Beverley Hills 90210.......