Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking at B&Q/Cinema/Nandos Charlton to go o2

Anybody parked there for a concert and walked, any restrictions, etc

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Anybody parked there for a concert and walked, any restrictions, etc

Thanks in advance.

Cant say about there, but if u have any problems there is a hotel just around the corner Holiday Inn Express, they have a car park its not free, but not to expensive.

if you eat in the Chinese downstairs it is free(but would not advise that, http://www.wharf.co.uk/2012/01/peninsula-restaurant-still-tra.html)
  • Park down tunnel avenue and walk over the footbridge by the entrance to Blackwell tunnel.
  • Cheers, will scrap the Chinese now :)

Supposed to go Paolo Nutini Thursday but that's in doubt now. Just need to get back home in Falconwood for work and want to be away from the traffic.

Will look into the Tunnel Avenue parking, cheers.
  • I went to Ed Sheeran the week before last and parked in the Tube Station car park, £11 was a 'bit' steep, but not as steep as the £30 the official O2 car parks wanted (£20 apparently if booked in advance).

Much easier getting out of the tube station car park as well
  • It was the surrounding roads getting packed bud, with the banq I can go home couple different ways to avoid getting caught in jams.
  • Cuz, Just use the cinema car park and tell the attendant that you're going for a drink and a meal. Has always worked me ... £10 parking fee rather than the extortionate few they charge for concerts
  • School Bank Rd (dead end street) opposite the Hotel has free street parking in the evenings I believe.
  • You could park in the O2's cinema car park ?
    Just buy a cinema ticket for any film which is about £7 and then ask for the car park refund while buying the ticket - they should give you a code or whatever to put into the machine when paying the ticket when you are leaving -- should be under £10 and possibly free parking!

They may have changed it though
  • You get 5 hours free parking at the car park you mention. You could always pop into sainsburys and get a bottle of water if you have any issues...
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers, will scrap the Chinese now :)

Supposed to go Paolo Nutini Thursday but that's in doubt now. Just need to get back home in Falconwood for work and want to be away from the traffic.

Saw Paolo Nutini in Brighton a few months ago and he was brilliant - enjoy !
  • Always use the car park by sainsburys. Jump a bus and at the o2 in 5 mins. Works best at the end of the concert. Bus has dedicated lane out of the place and back to sainsburys in the same time scale. Fill your motor with cheap fuel and away ahead of all the jams. Never seen any form of parking control/attendants. Simples.
  • edited October 2014

Always use the car park by sainsburys. Jump a bus and at the o2 in 5 mins. Works best at the end of the concert. Bus has dedicated lane out of the place and back to sainsburys in the same time scale. Fill your motor with cheap fuel and away ahead of all the jams. Never seen any form of parking control/attendants. Simples.

I did that during the day, and as cafc brown mentioned 5 hours free on the plates....... BUT they were ticketing people mid afternoon, so they be onto 'tight wads' like me.....I would be careful on concert nights, they probably are onto this lark.
  • se9addick said:

Cheers, will scrap the Chinese now :)

Saw Paolo Nutini in Brighton a few months ago and he was brilliant - enjoy !
    Tonsilitis, hes cancelled, missus is gutted.

Dinner and cinema wont quite cut it tomoz I don't think.

• Also park there on a saturday and catch a bus to the game. No problems so far but thanks for the heads up re 5 hours. Had not seen any tariff ign . Certainly no one about in the evening ticketing and you could be in the cinema or the restaurant for all they know.