Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Riga - Sacked From Blackpool

WSSWSS
edited October 2014 in Other Football and Sports
Standard Liege need a new manager...

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Bit of a joke really. Riga has performed a miracle to get them any points. No one will take it other than a Hockaday type.

League One beckons.
  • Options
    He's probably relieved
  • Options
    Didn't stand a chance up there.
  • Options
    He'll probably feel the stress falling away with every mile he puts between himself and that basket-case of a club.
  • Options
    I can only see Blackpool appointing their most senior player as manager.
  • Options
    not seen it on BBC news...........
  • Options
  • Options
    Shame - i like him
  • Options
    looks like Lee Clarke is headed to Blackpool, must be very desperate if he's willing to take that job!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Powell should have held on - he'd have been brilliant up there

If you are going to do it, do it right
  • Options
    Lucky Jose.
  • Options

Powell should have waited. He'd have been good up there

Would be good anywhere.

But that club desrves the worst. Just sorry for their fans.
  • Options
    Jammy fecker. Needs to do the Lottery this week...
  • Options
    They've done him a real favour. I'm sure he considered walking away numerous times. Fair play to him for staying put for so long. Joke of a chairman.
  • Options
    It's a rule that you need a new manager appointed just before playing us. Blackpool have just jumped the gun a bit. ;)

Feel sorry for their fans. Ipswich will be looking forward to Saturday.
  • Options
    Good luck for the future Jose
    U done us proud
    Pick ur next club carefully!
  • Options
    Peeters to Standard, and Jose back at CAFC?
  • Options
    Peeters to Liege
    Riga to Charlton
    Curbs to Blackpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No room for emotions in football management. Hope their form continues, one less place for the rest of us to worry about.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

From the Blackpool forum. Hope he is on a wind up.

"Great News - Riga is awful 34 games in English football - 7 wins

A con man who has bought a load of cart horses and fucking Nile Ranger to our club
    Good riddance to the Philip Schofield impersonator
    I literally skipped to the golf club this morning with total joy."

What is it at Blackpool? One win in fourteen? He's had nothing to work with. Six wins from twenty (if that is his record with us) was enough to keep us up last season and if he'd been backed properly I have no doubt Blackpool would be comfortable this season.
  • Options
    What a fecking joke... Done your best Jose but you deserve better than bloody Blackpool.

Reckon he could really do a job somewhere if given a proper budget
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Next up for the tin tack ? .. Sam Hyypia
  • Options
    Bloody hell! football is fooked, Watford, Leeds Bpool, even Brum.

Unreal.
  • Options
    Even if Sir Alex Ferguson was managing them they would not be doing better.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

From the Blackpool forum. Hope he is on a wind up.

"Great News - Riga is awful 34 games in English football - 7 wins

A con man who has bought a load of cart horses and fucking Nile Ranger to our club
    Good riddance to the Philip Schofield impersonator
    I literally skipped to the golf club this morning with total joy."

Ridiculous, he looks nothing like Philip Schofield.
  • Options
    I liked Jose, and wish him well. The Blackpool job was always a poisoned chalice and he's better off out of it.

Based on what I saw at the end of last season and what I've seen at the start or this season, Jose did a great job man managing to keep the squad pulling in the right direction when it could easily have fractured and fragmented into cliques post Powell. However, I don't believe he had a huge influence on improving our results, I think the big difference there was Poyet and I believe his absence from the midfield this season is almost as noticeable as it was at the start of last season.

Poyet's combined attributes of tackling prowess, efficient passing and game reading ability coupled with his strong form allowed us to dominate midfields in a number of games last season. Buyens has shown flashes of potential, but as yet this season whether it's been Jacko/Cousins or Buyens in the middle, we've struggle to win the midfield battle and have found ourselves under the kosh a lot as a result. Thanks to a bit of X-Factor from George and Igor we have still nicked a few results, but had we had last season's strike force we'd have been bang in trouble right now, imho. I suspect BBBB would have matched or bettered Riga's performance with the same squad and I suspect we'd be doing even better than we are now if Poyet had chosen to stay. Had Powell been allowed/chosen to pick Poyet more I suspect he too would have turned our form around.