Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Micro pub in Blackfen

Is it open yet?

Comments

• Opens Saturday afternoon at 3pm Wayne. I assume you'll be there for the opening?
  • Sounds interesting. Got any more info on the place?
  • Is it really a micro pub or is it just far away?
  • Opens Saturday afternoon at 3pm Wayne. I assume you'll be there for the opening?

3pm Saturday we should all be at the Valley for the visit of the Massives?
  • Ooh, just round the corner from me. I may pop in one evening!
  • Wow, this has to be most exciting thing to happen in Blackfen, since... nope can't think of anything. It must be the most exciting thing to happen in Blackfen ever. Best of luck to whoever's involved. Fingers crossed it's a great success.

• iaitch said:

Opens Saturday afternoon at 3pm Wayne. I assume you'll be there for the opening?

3pm Saturday we should all be at the Valley for the visit of the Massives?
    Yes, that would be the case for most of us, but Wayne does other things on match days.

Please see this thread for an explanation of my poor attempt at sarcasm:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/64641/fury#latest

think he went to Bexleyheath Cineworld instead

• Is this the place that Chirpy's been banging on about? If so, he might want to update the pictures on his website, it doesn't look too inviting at the moment.

I hope this is a success. Best wishes to all involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Last most exciting thing was the erection of the mobile phone mast..
  • Stig said:

Is this the place that Chirpy's been banging on about? If so, he might want to update the pictures on his website, it doesn't look too inviting at the moment.

No I've been banging about my one called The Long Pond which is in Eltham and not Blackfen. I hope to open by the end of November. I know Andy who is opening the Broken Drum, don't think he is that close yet as according to his FB and Twitter he only had the draft lease earlier this month.

Is this confirmed anywhere? I see nothing on the website or facebook

saw what you did there........very clever.
  • There is a new micro pub in Crayford been open about a month now it's on the Waterside.
  • There is a new micro pub in Crayford been open about a month now it's on the Waterside.

Yeah The Penny Farthing, been mentioned on the Beer thread. Lovely couple Bob and Beverly, it's going very well. Beer is excellent.
  • Vincenzo said:

Wow, this has to be most exciting thing to happen in Blackfen, since... nope can't think of anything. It must be the most exciting thing to happen in Blackfen ever.

With respect, I beg to differ. @pettgra‌ 's tale of the dog shitting on the mat during the darts match at The Three Blackbirds is still fresh in mind!
  • Surely the Blackbirds is in Blendon rather than Blackfen?
  • I think the copper getting shot in Blackfen a couple of weeks ago might just pip this one to the post.
  • A new chippy and kebab opening soon near me
    The sign is up and a refurb going on so any time now?
    Although when it was open before it shut at 9
    But do live in a sleepy village!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:

I think the copper getting shot in Blackfen a couple of weeks ago might just pip this one to the post.

I think that was Welling.
  • A new chippy and kebab opening soon near me
    The sign is up and a refurb going on so any time now?
    Although when it was open before it shut at 9
    But do live in a sleepy village!!

is this one of those Haiku things?.....
  • Vincenzo said:

Wow, this has to be most exciting thing to happen in Blackfen, since... nope can't think of anything. It must be the most exciting thing to happen in Blackfen ever. Best of luck to whoever's involved. Fingers crossed it's a great success.

Picked up a ten bob note on the pavement outside Barclays Bank 30 years ago.
  • Vincenzo said:

Wow, this has to be most exciting thing to happen in Blackfen, since... nope can't think of anything. It must be the most exciting thing to happen in Blackfen ever. Best of luck to whoever's involved. Fingers crossed it's a great success.

Picked up a ten bob note on the pavement outside Barclays Bank 30 years ago.
    I stand corrected.
  • edited October 2014
    actually i think it deserves its own thread.
  • Curb_It said:

actually i think it deserves its own thread.

Another Antic pub I believe, certainly making their mark in South London.
  • Emailed the owner of the new micro pub in blackfen, he stated he's hoping it will be open before Christmas.
  • Riviera said:

Stig said:

Is this the place that Chirpy's been banging on about? If so, he might want to update the pictures on his website, it doesn't look too inviting at the moment.

No I've been banging about my one called The Long Pond which is in Eltham and not Blackfen. I hope to open by the end of November. I know Andy who is opening the Broken Drum, don't think he is that close yet as according to his FB and Twitter he only had the draft lease earlier this month.
    Looking forward to The Long Pond opening. It's in Eltham Park, is that right?

Keep us informed, won't you?

• edited October 2014
    110 Westmount Road, in the heart of Eltham Park.
    Hopefully open on the weekend of 5th December.
    Serving locally sourced quality ales and wines.
    Fresh local food and snacks.
  • Riviera said:

110 Westmount Road, in the heart of Eltham Park.
    Hopefully open on the weekend of 5th December.
    Serving locally sourced quality ales and wines.
    Fresh local food and snacks.

Strippers?