Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Palarse
  • Options
    kick a man whilst he's down why don't you
  • Options
    Boooooo
  • Options
    move to the peninsula for them?

• Options
    I remember Carl Harris and Keith Harris. Any relation?
  • Options
    He does realise they could get relegated, doesn't he?!

Guess he likes cheerleaders , then...
  • Options
    I heard a few weeks ago that Parish is getting back into his old industry and buying a company similar to the one he sold that made him his millions. Makes sense then that he and the others are getting out, not sure they have the money to move Palace and Selhurst on from where they are.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2014
    Not happy to hear that billionaire who considered buying Charlton and didn't is interested in buying Palace. I am not happy to be reminded that Charlton could have ended up with Josh Harris, who appears to be decent and back his club with appropriate funds. Particularly with the paper thin squad that the owner who did buy Charlton has left the club with.

Parrish is more likely to get the deal done then Jimensz, who JH walked away from very quickly.
  • Options
    I think Rolf would suit that club more........
  • Options
    Makes sense selling the club , before they get relegated! :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if this is bad news for us or not really, as was he the potential owner who would have wanted to move us from the Valley?

If so then no matter how much money he has i would have been against the takeover.
  • Options
    Palace denying it by all accounts
  • Options

Not sure if this is bad news for us or not really, as was he the potential owner who would have wanted to move us from the Valley?

If so then no matter how much money he has i would have been against the takeover.

The word is that despite the rumours he never actually made any serious bid.

There was another consortium for whom moving from the Valley was central to the plan, but they appeared too late in the day. Also their main money man backed out due to events back in his home country.

Increasingly I think we got the best possible owner we could expect at the time. I remember not liking the cut of Harris's jib but cannot remember why.
  • Options
    Didn't Harris snif around other clubs, Derby maybe?
  • Options
    He was rumoured to want reading after us
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I remember Carl Harris and Keith Harris. Any relation?

Mo Harris from Eastenders maybe
  • Options
    Didn't he turn up with a huge entourage of Lawyers to be met by the Del Boy of football in Jiminez?
  • Options
    According to the Daily Fail it seems Palace are just one of a few teams he's looking at

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2807158/Crystal-Palace-set-taken-Josh-Harris-owner-Philadelphia-76ers-New-Jersey-Devils.html

Personally I don't see any value in investing in Palace, who after today's results sit 16th place and only 1 point above the relegation zone. The so-called £100m price to buy Palace is only propped up by the TV money. Should relegation happen and the money bubble bursts Palace could probably be bought for a fraction of that price.

For anyone to make money after buying them for £100m at this point in time would have to invest serious money into a new ground and be able to sustain Premier League football for a long time. Are Palace capable of this? Well we managed to last 7 years, other clubs like Bolton and Wigan lasted slightly longer but if you've already forked out £100m and intend to build a new ground how do you recoup such investment?

I believe there is smoke behind this story but think Harris will end up either buying a far more stable Premier League club or a team in the Championship where the price would be considerably less.

If Palace were to go on a good run of form into mid table and looking safe again this year then I could see a deal happening but for me while the threat of relegation exists i'm not 100% convinced a deal will be done, can't see Harris paying out £100m to watch Palace v Rotherham.

Does anyone think Harris might come back in for us and revive his supposed plan from last year given we're in the play off mix and could be bought for considerably less than £100m? And would RD be open to selling up for a short-term profit?
  • Options
    PalARSE and 'Arris
  • Options
    Allegedly he failed the football league owners test, be interesting if he is allowed to take them over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Allegedly he failed the football league owners test, be interesting if he is allowed to take them over.
  • Options
    Bummer Harris at Palace. Sorry meant Bomber .
  • Options
    I thought that name rang a bell. seems like a complete time waster to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

move to the peninsula for them?

Things said in jest !

Palace are based in the poor part of surrey, Selhurst and Thornton heath.

So difficult how it would pay to move to say Kingston, where the cost of land would be prohibitive.

If Harris takes over he's a guy who wants to make a Profit.

Could they move closer to Brighton, so they could have a proper local Derby, and we can have the spanners as
    the true south London Clash.

• Options

Apparently failed the orange test as well.

• Options
    Was on h & j today an American journo was saying that he doesn't like spending money on the team so if he does buy them unlikely to dip in his own pocket
  • Options

Was on h & j today an American journo was saying that he doesn't like spending money on the team so if he does buy them unlikely to dip in his own pocket

Doubt that, why would a billionaire invest in a team and not spend money.
  • Options

@cafc_harry‌
    Do you have a link to that? If so we could cause a bit of trouble with it...:-)
  • Options
    If there is the faintest hope that he can buy them and absolutely cripple them, then I am all for it...
  • Options
    My total interest is Charlton. I will never join in with this obsession with the other team you mention.