Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham vs Charlton - Post Match Views Oct '14

WSSWSS
edited October 2014 in General Charlton
Over to you.

Toothless.

Comments

• Options
    I thought putting Bikey up front was a decent gamble to disrupt their defence. Unlucky lads need to have shots on target to get goals. Not the end of the world as we should have drawn on tuesday
  • Options
    Just hope Igor returns soon!

We will be sliding down the table otherwise!
  • Options
    Feel for Big Bob, he needs some support from the owner.
  • Options
    Although we had a lot of chances , we didn't produce anything clear cut , Fulham did to us what we've done to teams all season , dominate then sit back , was due a taste of our own medicine
  • Options
    I hope we never get another corner again, they were all dreadful tonight.

Need our star players back or we'll be losing a fair few.
  • Options
    13 corners and 50% possession,but no good without goals
  • Options
    Awful first half. Much better second.

There's still some hope at least. KAG looked decent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost the game in the first 12 minutes because Solly and Fox were asleep.
    I think 3-0 flattered Fulham because in the second half we were superb, we just couldn't get anything on target.
    Desperately missing Igor and it's clear Mousa is not good enough. .
  • Options
    Thin squad shown up for what it is.

Fulham on the up with Symons and had that little bit of quality up front to finish things off.

Ahearn Grant the only real positive, looked lively.
  • Options
    This game shines a further light of doubt on stats. Fulham did a Charlton on us and fully deserved their win. No excuses, yes there are some positives, and there are some reasons too, but the best Charlton player tonight were our fans who did not stop for a minute. They were magnificent, hope the players acknowledged that.
  • Options
    Much better second half. KAG was excellent, half time talk obviously worked. Drop Tucudean to the bench and play the youngsters
  • Options
    Why did the stadium announcer read Charlton 0 - FULHAM 3.... Like we were the home team??

First 15 mins killed us.... Good come back in the 2nd but maybe done target practice is needed on Monday. Even wilsons shot that hit the post was going wide until it hit the Fulham defender
  • Options
    Since August we have known we need an attacking midfielder and a holding striker. If the owner does not want to pay for them then he and we have to pay the price eventually,this week is an indicator of what is to come.
  • Options
    3-0 flattered them but it was the opening 15 that killed us. After that I thought we did alright especially in the 2nd half. Not much punch up front though.
  • Options
    Good fight in 2nd half. Damage was done by the shocking start, we're then chasing a game against a team that have got some good players. Felt if we had taken a chance over the period of corners we might have had a sniff. But you can't just turn up after half time. Solly gave the ball away poor for the first goal, but Jackson just gave up on Parker (not great from your captain to just stop). I thought Bulot was poor, couldn't get the ball past the first man on the corners, so frustrating. I know people have had a pop at Wiggins so far this season, but he's still better than Fox. Grant looked up for it when he came on.

Still, I would've taken 3pts out of these last 2 games. I think BP got into them at half time, I'm confident he can get us going for next sat
  • Options
    I sat here and moaned and groaned and shouted and swore at the tele. But it's clear. We need investment. Wilson is so so poor but we have no one else. Which proves we need more players. Grant and Gudmundsson looked very bright but having to move Bikey up top shows how very light we are on the bench.
    Next week Buyens comes back in and steadies things, Gudmundsson starts. Things look better out there then.
    Wiggins was missed massively today. I slagged Fox off but to be fair we have no one else to play there !!!

No point moaning and groaning. I repeat what I said Tuesday - this is a million times better than the shit we had last season. We are just light on numbers. We have to rely on young inexperienced players (Fox) to cover.
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

Why did the stadium announcer read Charlton 0 - FULHAM 3.... Like we were the home team??

First 15 mins killed us.... Good come back in the 2nd but maybe done target practice is needed on Monday. Even wilsons shot that hit the post was going wide until it hit the Fulham defender

Because its Diddy David Hamilton and hes about 100 and probably isnt sure where he is :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lost the game in the first 12 minutes because Solly and Fox were asleep.
    I think 3-0 flattered Fulham because in the second half we were superb, we just couldn't get anything on target.
    Desperately missing Igor and it's clear Mousa is not good enough. .

Yep-as 2-0 at half time flattered Charlton! They knew they had done enough at half time

• Options

Much better second half. KAG was excellent, half time talk obviously worked. Drop Tucudean to the bench and play the youngsters

Short term memory loss? Great goal and assist just three days ago.
  • Options
    That is what happens when we have more corners, although most of them were rubbish. Watched on tv, apart for first 15 minutes, I thought we were reasonable, once Bikey went up front it was just gung-ho and hope for the best. Not completely unhappy, BP has got something to work with and the way KAG played, who knows, he may be the striker to play with Igor.
  • Options
    We needed investement, he gave it, we need more, im confident we will get it in Jan. We missed targets in the window and maybe there wasn't a lot out there to get in before the loan window closed.

That IN MY OPINION, the last hour was one of the best I have seen us play whilst on TV since Walsall away.

Compare that side and Performance to Millwall at The Valley last year, 100% improvement.

Again, we were total dogshit last year, lets not get carried away with the start, we are a work in progress and I enjoyed that.
  • Options
    when you're playing against a team filled with recent premier league players and premier league talent like Fulham , its going to be a struggle.
    watching on tv ,the game was reminiscent of the 4-0 fa cup game a few years ago where the only separation was obvious premier league names-
    cant see how fox is so close to the first team as he is , and based on reviews and insight from a few on here about holmes-dennis I would suggest the wrong one has gone out on loan! cousins hasn't cut it at left mid NOR centre midfor a while so I think he should be dropped to at least the bench for the next few games.
    need igor back as soon as possible otherwise it will be continuing to grind out results and im afraid we looking blunt.

No doom and gloom please - we dominated the second half for once! and we had actually look like we have a game plan ( with a plan A & B)

positives for me are Karlan - played very well and hope he can push on from here ,
    travelling support- out sung Fulham from start to finish even when 3-0 down well done boys and girls !
    onto the next one , only our second loss and nothing to stagnate one COYR
  • Options
    Kit Symons talking post match about how their squad allowed them to rest key players such as Parker, Ruiz and Rodallega in midweek... if only we had such a luxury.
  • Options
    If this game doesn't show Roland to get the cheque book out for a striker, nothing will.
  • Options
    Best we've played for quite a while. Amazing scoreline. A lot of crap will be spouted about this game. We've had a lot of luck this season, today we had none. Unfortunately though Fulham are a very poor side. We need another striker.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Although we've said it about a lot of teams we've played this season, I can see Fulham heading up the table-Parker and McCormack in the middle is too good for this league.

With that in mind, as much as we were poor for much of the first half, lots of positives should be taken from that second half: Gudmunsson and Ahearne Grant looked very good when they came on and we played some really good stuff albeit only up to the 18 yard box.

Games like that and looking at the two squads really do bring home the fact that we are massively punching above our weight in our current position and that should be acknowledged by people before they get too angry about tonight. We'll be fine this season and need to look at getting some points from Sheffield Wednesday at home which is much more important.....

Did Parker react when he was getting stick?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    First 15 mins cost us as others have said, that was probably the worst we've played all season. Rest of the 1st half we were just below average.

Second half we were pretty good and unlucky not to score, definitely the better team over the last 45 mins and as we poured more men forwards it became more likely that Fulham were going to get a 3rd and they did.

Also 23 shots, but only 3 on target, I like the fact we're giving it a go, but need Igor back ASAP.

3-0 is a bit harsh on us but we did probably deserve to lose but atleast get a goal, oh well onto the MASSIVES next.