Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

rumour regarding Peeters

Comments

• Options
    Can't understand a bloody word of that.
  • Options
    Guy Luzon will he bear the brunt of the early championship completely missed by the Standard (12 of 33)? Currently, the Israeli coach would indeed on shaky ground. Yesterday evening, the tone is already mounted between Duchâtelet Luzon and in the dressing rooms of Sint-Truiden . The two men were found there shortly after the incidents that erupted Sclessin to end the game.

© photo news.

© photo news.

© photo news.

If he had to sack his coach, the president of Rouches could turn to Bob Peeters, currently active in Charlton (another part of the club Duchâtelet network). The former coach of Genk and Lierse is not an applicant for a return to Belgium but would nevertheless be willing to accept the challenge. Luzon could do it the other way. The president of Standard, increasingly contested (and hated along the Meuse), will be in Charlton today, a visit that was already scheduled for a while. Given the context burning in Liege, it is not excluded that probe Bob Peeters on a possible arrival in Standard.

Sorry best I can do
  • Options
    I wonder what percent of rumours actually become true...... aboslute shit
  • Options
    probe Bob Peeters?
    Brave man.
  • Options
    News Hopper has a denial thread now.
  • Options

The fact the thing is being denied officially leads me to believe this wasn't just being made up

• Options
    Swisdom said:

The fact the thing is being denied officially leads me to believe this wasn't just being made up

Bob has just answered a question posed by the News Shopper reporter. Not a denial imo. Just an honest reply. Had the question not been asked I doubt anything would have been said.

• Options
    What a load of tosh.....

Thanks for everything Bob, good luck in Belgium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everytime we change coaches our results keep improving so I say bring on the next one!

In all seriousness tonight we are three points closer to the play-offs - perhaps double the points tally this time last year? And the club have stated several times that they will invest in the January window if we are competing at the top.

In the meantime I see Peeters has committed to staying at the Valley stating he has brought players here (Vetokele) and it would be dishonest to leave SE7.

Two things - when was the last time a Charlton coach turned down a job at Standard Liege and who's up for calling Bob dishonest?!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

You started the thread.
  • Options
    Absolutely no way. RD has a chance of the big cash cow of the premiership and he sees football as a business and his income. We will be the new mothership.
  • Options
    And the club have stated several times that they will invest in the January window if we are competing at the top.

When did this actually happen?

• Options
    And this is how rumours start. Dear me unless I was off my tits (which is often I know) I would not start this sort of shit sober!

Do stop it. Swisdom your old in the tooth surely you should know not to send this rumour mongering into orbit.
  • Options
    If true then I will apologise wholeheartedly. Until that time ..
  • Options
    From tonight's press conference with the NS:

“I think I made a commitment to Charlton and I brought players in and made a commitment to them, so it would not be very honest to leave now.”

• Options

I doubt it's true as it doesn't really make sense at this time, especially as BP is only on a year contract and can be offered a contract at SL and not Charlton at the end of the season, keeping things simple. But at the end of the day BP does whatever the f*** RD tells him too if he wants to remain employed long term. If RD decides he wants to move managers around within the network then it will happen.
  • Options

skywalker said:

Bob leaving is just bollocks. Here's some better news : http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=86816
    In short: Tom De Sutter would LOVE to come to Charlton. States that he would be very interested if offered the job ... Living in London, the atmosphere, a nice competition ...

Sign him up.
    Noooo sounds like another Delort with all the badmouthing own club and singing the praises of Charltoon! Is his agent, his Dad by any chance?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And the club have stated several times that they will invest in the January window if we are competing at the top.

Soon after the window closed - Katrien Meire...
    Peeters at some point later in September
    And Meire again in a more recent interview.

The consistent theme is to reward good performance, not failure. I don't recall the precise words but it was along the lines of "if CAFC competing, they will bring two or three more in during January window"
  • Options
    And if we are not competing we won't bring 2 or 3 more in?
  • Options

correct, we'll ship 2 or 3 out ;-)
  • Options

That is the clear implication. Makes sense if we fall away as the season will be over with 60 odd points expected...
    Thing is, as posted elsewhere, sixth place after 23 games requires around 36 points (over last three seasons). After last night we need "just" 14 points from ten games to be "competing".
  • Options

Soon after the window closed - Katrien Meire...
    Peeters at some point later in September
    And Meire again in a more recent interview.

The consistent theme is to reward good performance, not failure. I don't recall the precise words but it was along the lines of "if CAFC competing, they will bring two or three more in during January window"

well such a statement certainly wasn't in the Trust interview with her. I just went over it since it's easily to hand . I don't suggest you made it up but I have a feeling she may have said something far more nuanced and you've made it concrete. I mean your version is rather a hostage to fortune isn't it, and she seems far too smart to make such a mistake. Wasn't it something like "well we may look at how we are doing and see if we can strengthen the squad in Jan"?
  • Options
    2+2 = 967354056473845006796
  • Options
    Do they have google in Prague?!

10th September "we decided to spend to our pre agreed budget and not overstretch ourselves and the situation will be reviewed again for the January window"

12th September
    Evening standard headline
    Bob Peeter's can spend in January window if the club are challenging for promotion...
    "that is what we agreed...we are happy with the squad but if we are still there...we can bring in some more players" [there's more]

It's not a "hostage to fortune" but a simple business strategy which states there is fuck all difference between finishing 7th and 17th... However if your head coach and top performers are hungry, delivering and going for it then January seems a good time to push the nitrous button!

JFDI!

They are playing a blinder because the Championship is not that tough a proposition if you are worth 1/2 bn! Sure we've got used to hard luck stories and how hard it is for the last seven years but, as explained (more than once), the journey from bottom eight to top eight simply requires focus, precision and cash.

I watch a lot of top level football due to family and friends interests and the reality is that the Championship really isn't that good...Staprix have been riding a much wilder beast in Liege for three years so the journey so far at CAFC must have been a fecking walk in the park!

Release yesterdays squad, bring in some talent via free transfers, Liege loans and one, just one €3m fee and go from 22nd to 7th in nine months!

Now comes the hard part of the journey :)
  • Options
    Bring back Jose.
  • Options

Do they have google in Prague?!

10th September "we decided to spend to our pre agreed budget and not overstretch ourselves and the situation will be reviewed again for the January window"

12th September
    Evening standard headline
    Bob Peeter's can spend in January window if the club are challenging for promotion...
    "that is what we agreed...we are happy with the squad but if we are still there...we can bring in some more players" [there's more]

It's not a "hostage to fortune"

You misunderstand my use of the phrase. I'm not referring to the transfer strategy. I'm talking about an owner or his representative saying in advance that they will invest at any particular point, because if for some reason that doesn't happen, or fans have a different idea of what constitutes "investment" - a problem Standard fans seem to have - then its a recipe for unrest.

I presume the quote that you date from 10 September is from Katrien? It says "the the situation will be reviewed again for the January window" I don't think Katrien will thank you for translating that into a promise to bring in 2-3 players if we are sixth. The second quote attributed to Peeters certainly appears to back up your statement, but it is a manager being quoted by a rag, and history is littered with such examples. Redknapp for example often makes such statements so he has a pre - prepared excuse for subsequent disappointments.

I'm simply suggesting that you might want to be more circumspect, but whatever.