Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charity donation

After a bit of advise fellow Lifers.

After getting married a few weeks back we've now got loads of new stuff for the flat.

It also means that we have loads of stuff that is no longer needed but is in perfectly good nick (if a bit dated) and would do a job for someone.

Items include a tv, microwave, toaster, kettle, loads of pots and pans, cutlery and other stuff I've forgotten about.

Ideally if any of this gear could be passed on to the likes of Demelza or help the Upbeats in someway, that would be top of my list, along with homeless charities.

After looking online, the British Heart Foundation appear one of only a few to take electrical goods as they can PAT test them.

If anyone has links to charities that could benefit please let me know, I'm more than happy to drive and drop stuff off.

Comments

• Good luck - we are doing the same (kind of) we are moving back to the UK and rather than bring loads of stuff back we are donating to charity. TV's DVDs toys, bed - pretty much everything. We are giving it to the Samaritans, however we have to pay them to take it!
  • http://www.amatuk.org/

These guys are always grateful for stuff in my experience and (if local to Medway) collect too.
  • I've only ever found the BHF that take electrical stuff so wouldn't even waste your time trying elsewhere. However, even they will only accept flat screen TV's so it isn't flat screen you'd have to bin it.
  • I've only ever found the BHF that take electrical stuff so wouldn't even waste your time trying elsewhere. However, even they will only accept flat screen TV's so it isn't flat screen you'd have to bin it.

Cheers Large. It is a flatscreen but it's old. An old Panasonic Vieira. Just missing a remote but it'll be fine for a while yet.
  • LenGlover said:

http://www.amatuk.org/

These guys are always grateful for stuff in my experience and (if local to Medway) collect too.

Nice one Len. Just had a look at their website, looks a cracking cause and someone I'd never heard of.
  • Another vote from me for BHF for electrical stuff. They will often arrange a collection as well. (On the tax front, if you are a UK tax payer it can still be gift aided so they get more dosh. They sell the goods and will send you a value statement which you can include in your tax return.)
  • I am sure our resident curator could make use of them somehow - perhaps fashion them into a turnstile or something.
  • PL54 said:

I am sure our resident curator could make use of them somehow - perhaps fashion them into a turnstile or something.

Helpful. Thanks.