Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Movember

2»

Comments

• Options
    FFS..................*Goes to have a shave*
  • Options
    can't stand shaving, hate it with a passion - had last week off and generally don't bother when not at work, however now haven't shaved for nearly 2 weeks.....quite liking the beard although a bit to much grey/white in there for my liking, and it's just got past the really itchy stage.

Might keep it, might not - might get some clippers to keep it trim for a while (gotta be more preferable than shaving)

for those that know my old man, it makes me look even more like him I've been told !
  • Options
    Carter said:

I've done it twice, looked like a complete sex register signee both times. raised a bit of money and proved to myself I am capable of being Tom sellick

Bloke I worked woth last year had the same problem. His rash looked more like his had been hit under the nose with a muddy skipping rope.
  • Options
    Does it have to be a full beard or can you have a poncy goatee or a beard but no tash ala mozzy.
  • Options
    Anybody doing it this year? There's about 10 of us in the office taking part, but not many Mos on show when walking around the city!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Anybody doing it this year? There's about 10 of us in the office taking part, but not many Mos on show when walking around the city!
    Bit old hat now.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Croydon said:
    Bit old hat now.
    Not sure I'd ever call raising money for men's health 'old hat', but each to their own.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Croydon said:
    Bit old hat now.
    Not sure I'd ever call raising money for men's health 'old hat', but each to their own.
    Just encourage everyone to donate without anyone having to walk around looking like they regularly hang around outside schools.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Croydon said:
    Bit old hat now.
    Just encourage everyone to donate without anyone having to walk around looking like they regularly hang around outside schools.
    We all donate, and have a fine (paid as a donation) for shaving it of before the end of the month, but I think we'd struggle to raise anywhere near as much of friends/colleagues by just asking and not doing anything for it.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I grow a beard at least once a year. As a wet shaver i find my skin dries out and i believe a beard does no harm and is good for the natural oils in the skin.  Usually I get past the itchy phase and as soon as someone calls me Papa Smurf or hands me their Christmas list I shave the fecker off.

Great cause, and pertinent as my Dad has been diagnosed. Just off to donate.
  • Options
    Evening all, 

just a shameless charity appeal here...
    I will be doing Movember (remember that!?) this year, and I’m hoping to raise as much money as possible- this goes to Men’s prostate & testicular cancer charities , as well as men’s mental health and suicide helplines! 

Any and All donations are very much appreciated! 

With the feel good factor back at The Valley, some men (and their families) haven’t got an awful lot to be cheerful about! Let’s help... 
  • Options
    Cheeky bump, as we edge closer to payday!

thanks all