Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wonga

13»

Comments

• Options
    What a shame...
  • Options
    If I owed them any money I would certainly stop paying them now.
  • Options
    Result for the pissheads in my local, they can stop not paying them now

Look, Wonga and all the other vampires in that same game were riding their luck, fine margins a lot of, non asset-assured non-guarantaured non-payments would always sink them amd all their mates

I won't lose sleep, they weren't providing a service any credit union wouldn't have done, they were hunting people out.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

If I owed them any money I would certainly stop paying them now.

If you really want some professionals from Grant Thornton crawling all over you and dragging you through the courts using actual lawyers rather than Wonga's fake ones, that would be a really good idea.

This article from the BBC of all people has this truly appalling headline "Will my debt be written off" to tempt you to read the article. https://bbc.co.uk/news/business-45359773 Of course, the answer is no.
  • Options
    Legalised loan sharking preying on the most desperate and vulnerable in society. Good riddance.
  • Options
    It’s about time and I wish that they all would do so ,

There needs to be a fairer way to help people through the toughest of times
  • Options
    apparently they've gone into administration as they accidentally lent themselves a fiver and couldn't afford the repayments
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Not a shock or surprise, Just had a lady on the news tonight who borrowed 600 quid, missed some Payments, ended up owing 6 grand , APR of 1500%!!
  • Options
    And they are going under because of all the claims against them - which will now go to the bottom of the list of creditors.

So, in theory, you could be in a position of having taken a loan out with the company and must carry on paying that back even though they have gone into administration but have no right of redress against the company for the fact that they didn't explain all the terms and conditions in the first place?