Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa or pro Evo?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Gameplay alone, PES has been better than FIFA for the past couple of years now. It's not just a case of FIFA fan vs PES fan, the wider community think so as do the majority of games reviewers. Go on to the eaforums which is fanboy heaven for FIFA and even most of them admit it!

PES doesn't match FIFA in terms of depth of modes but on pure gameplay it trumps it.

I can't be called biased because I only own FIFA on the Switch and only ever play them both round a mates on his PS!
  • Options
    PES just isn’t on the same level as fifa, looks and plays like an old arcade game. 
    You can't have played the latest one if you think that, even last years was more realistic, but each to their own. Look at the tweet above, if thats not 'arcade' i dunno what is.

You seem quite blinded , so I will not accept your arguments as valid.

I too agree it played like an arcade game and felt Fifa was more realistic, however we all know demos are not very accurate. It might be wait until both are released and have a game of both, but I also disagree with the gameplay better on Pro evo, that is the main reason I would buy it to play with my mates, each to their own I guess its about opinions and that's why still people buy both.

Any more good arguments for Fifa vs Pro? (bias aside ideally)

You haven’t played past the demo but you’re not willing to accept my argument, lovely.

I haven't is it out now or just for people who get it early? Valid point I have only played the demo so all I can compare it with for now..

In the past I have bought both as I don't feel a stronghold I usually just buy the best one based on the demo or friends really.

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Gameplay alone, PES has been better than FIFA for the past couple of years now. It's not just a case of FIFA fan vs PES fan, the wider community think so as do the majority of games reviewers. Go on to the eaforums which is fanboy heaven for FIFA and even most of them admit it!

PES doesn't match FIFA in terms of depth of modes but on pure gameplay it trumps it.

I can't be called biased because I only own FIFA on the Switch and only ever play them both round a mates on his PS!

Thank you, I know VG is a fanboy so probably dismissed a little too quick. Its a shame if the demos aren't really that reflective of the final product. I don't see the point in buying both these days as I don't exactly play it as much now, used to be fifa weekly with mates now its more every few months (I did move further away slightly in my defence lol) and we don't get as much time(too long life story sorry)
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Thank you, I know VG is a fanboy so probably dismissed a little too quick. Its a shame if the demos aren't really that reflective of the final product. I don't see the point in buying both these days as I don't exactly play it as much now, used to be fifa weekly with mates now its more every few months (I did move further away slightly in my defence lol) and we don't get as much time(too long life story sorry)
    Mate I’m definitely not a fan boy, I play video games about once every two weeks! 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Mate I’m definitely not a fan boy, I play video games about once every two weeks! 

We have a bite... :)
  • Options
    PES just isn’t on the same level as fifa, looks and plays like an old arcade game. 
    You can't have played the latest one if you think that, even last years was more realistic, but each to their own. Look at the tweet above, if thats not 'arcade' i dunno what is.

I too agree it played like an arcade game and felt Fifa was more realistic, however we all know demos are not very accurate. It might be wait until both are released and have a game of both, but I also disagree with the gameplay better on Pro evo, that is the main reason I would buy it to play with my mates, each to their own I guess its about opinions and that's why still people buy both.

You haven’t played past the demo but you’re not willing to accept my argument, lovely.
    You’ve made me think it’s worth testing PES to see how it plays. I’m not sure I can suspend my disbelief for Master League and all the silly team names again, even if the gameplay is good (as far as I know the option files still don’t work on XB) but it’d be great to know Konami have finally got somewhere. 
  • Options
    I'm 100% a pes fan from the start but I've bought it last few years and switch back fifa pretty quick.

I wouldn't even entertain fifa up until about Fifa14
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

You’ve made me think it’s worth testing PES to see how it plays. I’m not sure I can suspend my disbelief for Master League and all the silly team names again, even if the gameplay is good (as far as I know the option files still don’t work on XB) but it’d be great to know Konami have finally got somewhere. 
    Don’t play the demo, judge it on the actual release. I just think realism wise, they’ve got it the best it’s been this year. That’s what I look for, rather that silly almost cartoon like flicks etc .
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Personally I find the recent FIFAs a lot more arcadey then Pro Evo, having played each yearly release of both since the 90s. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    King of Scoring 2019 for me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-49808709

North Korea has launched a new mobile game that features Portuguese football legend Cristiano Ronaldo.

State media have boasted that King of Scoring 2019 is enjoying popularity across the country, as it features many big stars in European football still active on the pitch.

• Options

North Korea has launched a new mobile game that features Portuguese football legend Cristiano Ronaldo.

State media have boasted that King of Scoring 2019 is enjoying popularity across the country, as it features many big stars in European football still active on the pitch.

I'm loving the translated description, especially the oppression of opponent defences

Users are learning how to perform various movements by utilizing various football tricks such as handing over, only dragging shoes, rainbows, storms, and side deceptions.

In particular, you can simulate various soccer skills as if you were witnessing deceptive movements that oppressed your opponent's defenses and direct kick-offs to make up for the mistakes.

Now, the 'Sweater of 2019' is very popular among football lovers and student youth

• Options
    sam3110 said:

I'm loving the translated description, especially the oppression of opponent defences

Users are learning how to perform various movements by utilizing various football tricks such as handing over, only dragging shoes, rainbows, storms, and side deceptions.

In particular, you can simulate various soccer skills as if you were witnessing deceptive movements that oppressed your opponent's defenses and direct kick-offs to make up for the mistakes.

Now, the 'Sweater of 2019' is very popular among football lovers and student youth

Sounds like that Palace Groupon ad from a few years back #buzzcutstrikes
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    That’s quality.... I am converted to PES but I’d definitely have that Charlton copy of Fifa 
  • Options
    Just played FIFA with my nephew and it’s better than last years, although I still find it quite sticky. Prefer PES again.
  • Options

Anybody downloaded the Classics V1 from PESUniverse?

They included all the classic kits too, great for playing at home with mates. Classic Arsenal vs Classic Man United... rolling back the years.

• Options
    Gone from FIFA ...to PES...back to FIFA

and now back to PES again.

I will be buying PES this year instead of FIFA.

I'm addicted to the PES demo. The gameplay is excellent and I at least actually feel like I have a ball at my feet and I'm apart of the game.

FIFA is shit in comparison.

I will just get the licensing add-on...which is still funnily enough, cheaper then FIFA in total anyway 
  • Options
    Even the reviews on Amazon say quite a lot.

PES is 3.5*/5

FIFA is 2*/5

A lot of people really hate FIFA now 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Gone from FIFA ...to PES...back to FIFA

and now back to PES again.

I will be buying PES this year instead of FIFA.

I'm addicted to the PES demo. The gameplay is excellent and I at least actually feel like I have a ball at my feet and I'm apart of the game.

FIFA is shit in comparison.

I will just get the licensing add-on...which is still funnily enough, cheaper then FIFA in total anyway 

I went with Fifa..... feel like I made a mistake.

Read many comments regarding PES that the demo is better than the real game! Be aware.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People don’t like it because its harder to defend this year, it makes the skill gap bigger though which is a good thing
  • Options
    Can’t score a header for shit on Fifa
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    People don’t like it because its harder to defend this year, it makes the skill gap bigger though which is a good thing
    I've always been garbage at defending on fifa and this year is as bad as ever. 12 games into career mode and not a single clean sheet so far! And that's just vs the AI. Playing online is going to be interesting... 
  • Options
    I hear career mode on FIFA is broken. Brother was showing me the other night, Brighton and West Ham occupy the top two spots after 20 games, Man City down in 15th. He showed me the Charlton first team, Alfie Doughty is the player with the most appearances in the championship for Charlton lol
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    SamB09 said:
    I've always been garbage at defending on fifa and this year is as bad as ever. 12 games into career mode and not a single clean sheet so far! And that's just vs the AI. Playing online is going to be interesting... 
    What difficulty setting are you on?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    alicwkd said:
    SamB09 said:
    Legendary. Having no problems scoring goals and so still winning fairly consistently but just cant keep them out at the other end. I'm getting a bit better though. My first few games I was conceding 3/4 goals a game!
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    alicwkd said:
    SamB09 said:
    Legendary. Having no problems scoring goals and so still winning fairly consistently but just cant keep them out at the other end. I'm getting a bit better though. My first few games I was conceding 3/4 goals a game!
    Played career mode last night on legendary, and I see what you mean. The game in open play isnt anymore difficult then world class, but Ive had a few games already where I battered the opponents goal and couldnt score, while losing 3 nil from their 3 half decent shots. I would even have a couple of one-on-ones with the keeper, being careful to apply just enough power to the shot and miss everytime. 

It seems legendary just dials up the CPUs shooting accuracy/power, and dials yours down.