Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Former Sunday night callers on RTM

So with Vic making an appearance on here tonighy, what other regular semi regular callers were there, and are they on here / connected to others on here?

Seth, am I right thinking you were one?

Was Dave from Thamesmead @DFT ?

@Riscardo was James from Tower Bridge who I think it was ?

Who else was there ?

Comments

• Options
    Brian from Welling
    Nigel from Lee
    Pat from Eltham
    Dave from the Isle of Dogs
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Vic was my favourite. You could almost see the collective eye rolling when they announced he was the next caller.

‘John Hewie was Charlton’s first ever black player’

Total Partridge radio, but totally compelling listening.

• Options
    Yeah. For a spell I used to call in with reports on the youth team games.
  • Options
    Always imagined most callers were like this:
  • Options
    Whereas in reality some were like this:
  • Options
    Think I was on most weeks, I was the one with the insightful comments and witty repartee.
  • Options
    Didn't Kelvin Mackenzie used to get involved? Or was that talksport?
  • Options

Think I was on most weeks, I was the one with the insightful comments and witty repartee.

And a surname.

Didn't @jimmymelrose‌ used to phone in a bit ?

• Options

You were well loved in the studio.

• Options
    Dave Davies, bless him, used to call in a lot too.

Do you remember the round up of local teams-Gideon Coe who now presents on 6 music used to cover one of the non league teams. I'm sure someone else from that section went on to a successful broadcasting career too......

I remember sitting in my bedroom taping that show every Sunday night so my Dad could listen to it at work (he's a black cab driver)-happy memories....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

Dave Davies, bless him, used to call in a lot too.

Do you remember the round up of local teams-Gideon Coe who now presents on 6 music used to cover one of the non league teams. I'm sure someone else from that section went on to a successful broadcasting career too......

I remember sitting in my bedroom taping that show every Sunday night so my Dad could listen to it at work (he's a black cab driver)-happy memories....

Greg Whelan
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Brian from Welling
    Nigel from Lee
    Pat from Eltham

A legend on Charlton Chat!
  • Options

So with Vic making an appearance on here tonighy, what other regular semi regular callers were there, and are they on here / connected to others on here?

Seth, am I right thinking you were one?

Was Dave from Thamesmead @DFT ?

@Riscardo was James from Tower Bridge who I think it was ?

Who else was there ?

Yes it was
  • Options
    What used to make me chuckle was the way that if the natives were getting restless, they would stretch out the match reports from Welling to the Dog and Duck, and put off the calls as long as possible. I'm sure one night they got through to 8.45 before Vic and Co started storming the airwaves.

For all that, it was good listening, I used to sneak out for a beer Sunday nights, but had a gizmo that would tape both sides of a C90 one after the other. It meant I got 3/4 of the show, made Monday mornings drive to work a bit more enjoyable.
  • Options

Whereas in reality some were like this:

How did you find that wtf bud
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Riviera said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Brian from Welling
    Nigel from Lee
    Pat from Eltham

A legend on Charlton Chat!
    The sort of legend that the Long Pond could do with to liven up the atmosphere. After all, you'll be too busy changing the beers ;-)
  • Options
    I may have prank called it once or twice....
  • Options
    I called in on a number of occasions but I used a non de plume.
  • Options
    Am I imagining this or did they used to have current players in the studio who would choose some of their favourite tunes to play on the show?! I'm sure I remember a picture in the program at the time.
  • Options
    Yes Dan, Jon Lucas used to do a special programme before Charlton Live, called Charlton Lives......

For the record, I never knew Ricky was James! Always wondered how that signal got there when people on Shooters Hill couldn't pick us up. The transmitter (still there) was behind a house in Shrewsbury Lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha really Dave, I don't remember that at all.

I remember winning a Charlton Live RTM 103.8 T-Shirt one Sunday night.

@BDL Do you remember losing it in the studio during the last incarnation of Charlton Live on Time, I can't remember what call made you so upset?! I was genuinely scared haha
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

@BDL Do you remember losing it in the studio during the last incarnation of Charlton Live on Time, I can't remember what call made you so upset?! I was genuinely scared haha

Erm, I lost it several times ;-)

• Options
    BDL said:

DanDavis said:

Are you back to answering questions now BDL?
  • Options

BDL said:

DanDavis said:

Are you back to answering questions now BDL?
    No ;-)

• Options
    I won a tee shirt once too, we should start a new Cl clique Dan:-)
  • Options
    Advertising pays....
    GS.jpg 131.9K
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Advertising pays....

I genuinely still sing that in the car to my very bemused kids!

"If you've got tax return......etc etc!"
  • Options
    BDL said:

Yes Dan, Jon Lucas used to do a special programme before Charlton Live, called Charlton Lives......

For the record, I never knew Ricky was James! Always wondered how that signal got there when people on Shooters Hill couldn't pick us up. The transmitter (still there) was behind a house in Shrewsbury Lane.

He wasn't. James was / is Riscardo's mate. Called James
  • Options

Riviera said:

Advertising pays....

I genuinely still sing that in the car to my very bemused kids!

"If you've got tax return......etc etc!"
    There's something you should learn...

He's probably Ebbsfleet through and through now....

• Options
    "Hanging abouts no good so call......."