Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vile Smell In Sidcup

Comments

• Options
    Certainly had s big stink going on in Canterbury a couple of weeks ago when i was down there., locals reckon it was the fields being sprayed.
  • Options
    Probably the filtered human waste sold by the sewage farms.
  • Options
    Slight spelling mistake in the thread title. It should read: Vile smell is Sidcup...............
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Never witnessed anything like it but there is a terrible pong - and it's not restricted to the front or back. In fact it's everywhere.

There is a big Victorian house being converted and I just wonder whether they've opened up the sewers or something.

Whatever it is it is rather sickly.

Anybody else in the vicinity of the high street noticed the smell or is it just time for my annual bath?

Never witnessed anything like it but there is a terrible pong - and it's not restricted to the front or back. In fact it's everywhere.

There is a big Victorian house being converted and I just wonder whether they've opened up the sewers or something.

Anybody else in the vicinity of the high street noticed the smell or is it just time for my annual bath?

I have a bath every year, whether I need one or not.
  • Options

Addickted said:

It's the local farmers spraying their 'natural' fertiliser on the fields.

The whole of Kent smells like it at the moment.

Yes noticed yesterday in West Wickham there was a smell of natural fertiliser in the air.
    No, that's just Eden Park ...
  • Options
    Erm, we spread a couple of bags of horse manure around the photinias in the Memorial Garden at the Trg Ground last week.

Sorry ! Wearing our H & S WW2 gas masks, we noticed nothing untoward.

Mind you, I did wonder why Igor keeled over when no-one was tackling him....
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I would have a guess that it could be that landfill site at St Mary Cray and the wind has changed direction...

Jesus, how could anyone live there?
    You just ain't gonna sell that house next door are yer?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    NewsShopper sinks to a new low and essentially bases an entire article on this thread, whilst going as far as suggesting their only source is an online forum.. http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11503707.Bad_smell_reported_in_Sidcup/?ref=mr
  • Options
    They could have quoted me better...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    big pong yesterday at the bp garage on the A20

thought it was muck spreading
  • Options
    So, it seems newshopper gets all its news items from this site. Shall we start a thread about that UFO that keeps flying over Kidbrook every night?.................
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I would have a guess that it could be that landfill site at St Mary Cray and the wind has changed direction...

My cousins used to live in that house years ago.
  • Options
    SoundAs has been abducted by aliens.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

My cousins used to live in that house years ago.
    Didn't Dickie from Jason's live there once ?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

NewsShopper sinks to a new low and essentially bases an entire article on this thread, whilst going as far as suggesting their only source is an online forum.. http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11503707.Bad_smell_reported_in_Sidcup/?ref=mr

Yes it can get worse. Same issue.
    ''Welling army officer - who has toured Afghanistan, Iraq and Northern Ireland...''

Makes him sound like a hippy in a camper van.
    He is a Staff Sgt too, not an officer
  • Options
    Ha, that news shopper report is brilliant
  • Options
    Quality reporting.
  • Options

So, it seems newshopper gets all its news items from this site. Shall we start a thread about that UFO that keeps flying over Kidbrook every night?.................

Please start it. I'll comment on it and look to get another quote on the website which will be a coded message...
  • Options
    The vile smell in Sidcup is............................Sidcup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'm fighting the Flag button here....
  • Options

Me too...........but then some people are just simply jealous.
  • Options

You appear to be losing the fight........
  • Options
    It's back. But more manure like this time.
  • Options
    Manure? You're obviously not from Sidcup, calling it that!
  • Options
    Some years ago following a Gardening tip I made up a large solution of fertiliser by soaking comfrey leaves in water.

Many weeks later I watered it into the garden and I can honestly say that it stank like shit manure. Its fair to say I couldn’t look the neighbours in the eye for a while, especially as I meekly agreed with them that ‘someone’ or ‘something’ had caused a ‘right old stink’.

Just for the record I do not and have never lived in Sidcup.
  • Options

Some years ago following a Gardening tip I made up a large solution of fertiliser by soaking comfrey leaves in water.

Many weeks later I watered it into the garden and I can honestly say that it stank like shit manure. Its fair to say I couldn’t look the neighbours in the eye for a while, especially as I meekly agreed with them that ‘someone’ or ‘something’ had caused a ‘right old stink’.

Just for the record I do not and have never lived in Sidcup.

Hmm. So it more embarrassing living in Sidcup than smelling like shmanure

Probably right...
  • Options
    I smelt something in Orpington. today not far away whilst at the Estate Agents Or was it Bullshit
  • Options
    I had a driving test in Sidcup yesterday (passed, thankfully) and I was pretty nervous - so apologies if I contributed to the odour.
  • Options

I had a driving test in Sidcup yesterday (passed, thankfully) and I was pretty nervous - so apologies if I contributed to the odour.

Congratulations, I took mine there in the days when Crittals Corner was a roundabout