Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car help please

All,
Been looking at a mini one for my sons first car, has 150000 miles on the clock, anybody advise, £1800

Is this too many miles, do they age well?

Sorry for the vagueness.
Ta

Comments

• Options
    What I know about cars can be written on the back of a postage stamp but back in the dark ages rusting of the sub frame always used to be a problem with minis.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

What I know about cars can be written on the back of a postage stamp but back in the dark ages rusting of the sub frame always used to be a problem with minis.

Yeah, Len but very different era, very different cars. The current BMW models shouldn't have issues like that. (You wouldn't need to have a marigold rubber glove over the distributor cap either! One reason being that there won't be one.) I guess the price reflects the mileage as well.

Here's a review of what to look for in s/hand models, no doubt there are other articles knocking around. aronline.co.uk/blogs/cars/mini-bmw/mini-2/buying-guide-mini-2001-2007/

Personally, I would never have a mini. But that's down to one matter alone: there's only one place for a speedometer to be positioned (assuming you don't have a HUD!) and that's directly in front of the driver NOT centrally mounted in the dashboard. I just couldn't be doing with looking in a different direction to see what speed I was travelling at - even when the dial is as hideously large as the Mini's.
  • Options
    The speed appears electronically in front of you aswell if you have the computer in that mode. The big one in the middle is a waste of space!
  • Options
    Should be fine if it's got a full service history
  • Options
    Offer him £1600