Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The roundhouse in London

Has anyone been to the roundhouse in London as I'm off there tonight to see Lenny Kravitz. What is it like for a venue?

Comments

• spectacular
  • Been there a couple of times... Nice little venue up by Camden
  • been there a few times... shocking acoustics... last time I was there saw Alkaline Trio and they were giving away free ear plugs on the merch stall... depends where you were stood...some parts you could literally hear nothing but a wall of noise.
  • I've been there a couple of times and really liked it, it's best to stand as there are pillars in the way of the seating I think
  • It's been a venue for about 50 years !! .. and all the great bands/artists from the 60s 70s 80s (probably the 90s 00s and 10s as well) have played there .. not been for years but the atmosphere was always terrific with appreciative and 'hip' audiences .. enjoy .. I am a bit of a Lenny K fan .. he is very underrated
  • been there a few times... shocking acoustics... last time I was there saw Alkaline Trio and they were giving away free ear plugs on the merch stall... depends where you were stood...some parts you could literally hear nothing but a wall of noise.

Agree actually, Very nice spectacle, but sound can be iffy, but For me it depends on the style o music, think ol'Lenny will be ok...
    a good tip is always stand in front of the sound desk.
  • Has anyone been to the roundhouse in London as I'm off there tonight to see Lenny Kravitz. What is it like for a venue?

Are you gonna go my way?.......................*grabs coat off hook.
  • A great venue and not too far from the Hawley arms, good boozer for pre-gig drinks!
  • Only UK venue played by the Doors during their 1968 European tour. As I was only 1 yr old at that time I missed them..........I did get to see them play at Wembley Arena in the early 2000's when they toured as the Doors of the 21st century.

doesn't really help you I know, but

• edited September 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miT-rJx5nKQ

For MOG, Stonemuse and a few others.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably my favourite london venue.
  • Joshuk87 said:

Probably my favourite london venue.

This. It's fantastic as long as you aren't caught up in trying to get closer to the stage and end up stuck behind the side speakers not seeing much.
  • I've been there loads of times & a few times recently.
    It's quite small & unsurprisingly round, with a flat floor, no rake. So not so great if you're small.
    I've always found the acoustics very good.
    It's at The Chalk Farm end of Camden High Street/Chalk Farm Road. So if you're going straight there you want Chalk Farm station on the Northern Line. If you're getting there early you can get out at Camden and do a crawl along, to get there. It's a 15 min walk from Camden Town or Chalk Farm is right there.
  • Went there many times in the 70s when it was a bit of a dump, but it's been smartened up and is quite decent now. Also, sells decent beer.
  • Saw white lies there last year. decent enough venue but pillars are a bit annoying.
  • Your be pleased to know I got front row:)
  • Sounds like a great night out.......
    Been meaning to see Lenny K, one of the few contemporary artists I think I would relate to these days......
    He used to be a big fan of Jimi......
    Led Zep played there London Debut there,
    Have a good time,
  • Saw Elbow there a few years ago, perfect venue for them.
  • Bit of the coincidence this thread... The Mrs just got some manic street preachers "holy bible" tickets and asked about the venue. Useful stuff!
  • I've seen The Divine Comedy and David Gray there, it's a shame the BBC stopped doing the Electric Proms
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw the Byrds there once in an all nighter, with Gram Parsons. Just amazing. Kevin Ayers was always hot there with his Whole World. Used to walk back to Charing Cross and wait for the milk train back home.
  • Up there in November for The Specials. Great venue. Always enjoy going back there. Tried for tickets for Lenny K tonight without success. Think he'll go really well in there. Enjoy Dave85!
  • Not to he confused with the Oval House Which is in........erm.... Oval
  • Great venue, I've seen Bonobo there, and recently the excellent Kid Koala doing a live version of his graphic novel Nufonia Must Fall
  • Towards the larger end of the size of venue I'd go to but they often get bands that could sell out larger venues.

Decent venue to be fair but probably the most "commercial" of Camden venues.
  • Quo played there on Wednesday launching there new acoustic album which will be number 1 when it's released in October.
    I couldn't go, my mum wouldn't let me out.
  • It was a great night and lenny kravitz rocked the place crazy. He is a most see live. It was a good venue(drinks are not cheap) and it was easy to get to with the tube station being on the door step.