Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Long weekend in Tromso

Looking at going to Tromso just before or after Christmas. Hoping to see the northern lights.

Has anyone been or seen the northern lights?

Comments

• Options
    Blackpool?
  • Options

Blackpool?

No, better in the Bigg Market
  • Options
    If it's the highlights, Paulie's your man:-)
  • Options
    no, but a friend has been there. Beautiful but very expensive place...
  • Options
    Prefer Northern Soul myself.
  • Options
    Very jealous. It's high on my list of places to visit. Have a great time
  • Options
    In Winter time its always dark there isnt it or do they get about an hour or two of daylight?

Would love to go up there
  • Options
    Dont they have the highest suicide rate in Europe in Tromso ?
  • Options

In Winter time its always dark there isnt it or do they get about an hour or two of daylight?

Would love to go up there

Yeah they get a couple of hours light. It's supposed to be the best place for the northern lights but just needs to be a clear night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joanna Lumley did a BBC programme where she went in search of the Lights, and she stayed in Tromso, but as I recall, the Lights were a bit elusive.

From general experience of Norway - one of my best mates lives in Oslo- I would mention that If you are going as a single bloke, you may find it quite easy to get laid, possibly with relatively little say in the matter, although the drinks bill will be horrendous. Just to mention it...
  • Options
    @moutuakilla Have you been to Madagascar?
  • Options

Joanna Lumley did a BBC programme where she went in search of the Lights, and she stayed in Tromso, but as I recall, the Lights were a bit elusive.

From general experience of Norway - one of my best mates lives in Oslo- I would mention that If you are going as a single bloke, you may find it quite easy to get laid, possibly with relatively little say in the matter

Is this because they sneak up in the dark ? :-)
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

@moutuakilla Have you been to Madagascar?

Not yet. Top three places to go at the moment are Norway, Costa Rica and Madagascar.
  • Options
    I remember Chelsea playing Tromso and chanting 'Dirty northern bastards' which I actually thought was pretty funny.