Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy article on Fulham in ES tonight

Comments

• Options

So he signed a confidentiality agreement and has now talked about it on National Radio? If it was us I hope we sue him till he is bankrupt.

But he hasn't mentioned Charlton by name or any specifics whatsoever?
  • Options
    Would imagine there was a time limit on the clause.
  • Options
    Bloke is a knob, good mate of mine once played youth football with him, gobby piece of shit and always had balding little man syndrome - my mates words not mine, when he signed for us he warned me it wouldn't last.
  • Options
    All the things that are wrong with football - rolled into one.
  • Options
    Awaiting Len Glover's comments......
  • Options
    Always thought the outrage thrown his away in subsequent games against him was a little forced.

Hearing him say that makes me wish I had joined in.
  • Options
    My my. What a bitter lot we are.
  • Options
    Sometimes you'd like to know what went on and what was said rather than gossip/rumour/hearsay.

Let's get it in the open and we can decide our views on the facts.
  • Options
    Close the thread on murphy he not worth it.
  • Options
    Just stinks of attention seeking, like an annoying facebook status saying 'Can't believe you have done this' so people will ask and can massage their ego wanting details.

Sod him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:

My my. What a bitter lot we are.

I'm not remotely now, I think he's one of the best co-commentators. But at the time, I revelled in every moment that went wrong for him at Spurs. I think they lost every time he played or something. There was a run that was too good to be true - he was on the bench and always f*****d it up when he came on or something. Whatever it was, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him fail.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I liked watching Murphy when he signed for us, it wasn't his fault our system got sussed but, and this is a big but. In my eyes he refused to turn up when curbs played him in the middle in a role that meant he had to graft (442) or as a narrow right midfielder (a position david Beckham made, but cultured by Graham stuart) if he wasn't played with grafters behind him he put hardly any effort into anything. He then did have a tantrum and got a mickey mouse transfer to Tottenham. After getting sent off in a home fixture against arsenal. One that fabregas should also have been sent off in and there was some abject refereeing going on but I don't think he did what he did in bouncing the ball off the floor in an aggressive manner (really referees!) To get a move, I think that was genuine annoyance at how abysmal the officiating was

Booked for showing dissent and it was dealt with in accordance with the Laws of the Game and in accordance with consistency required by the FA.

How abysmal is the knowledge of some football supporters !
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

Awaiting Len Glover's comments......

As you know I am very supportive of most Charlton players but his Bertie Big Bollocks attitude when with us did wind me up. Furthermore seeing the smug git sat in his range rover or whatever on the January 31 he was transferred having disrupted preparations for our match the same night summed him up for me.

My attitude to him is that "you can stick your Danny Murphy up your ar**" which we appositely sung at Tottenham when we played at White Hart Lane soon after his transfer. One of my rare away games so I remember it well!

All that said it cannot be denied that he does a reasonable to good job as a pundit.

Doesn't mean I have to like the little, bald, scouse git though does it :-)
    Is Bertie Billy's brother?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    When his wife was getting abuse from our fans she was on Twitter telling us we were wrong to slag them off as we didn't know the truth about his move from Charlton. Hmm.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Carter said:

I liked watching Murphy when he signed for us, it wasn't his fault our system got sussed but, and this is a big but. In my eyes he refused to turn up when curbs played him in the middle in a role that meant he had to graft (442) or as a narrow right midfielder (a position david Beckham made, but cultured by Graham stuart) if he wasn't played with grafters behind him he put hardly any effort into anything. He then did have a tantrum and got a mickey mouse transfer to Tottenham. After getting sent off in a home fixture against arsenal. One that fabregas should also have been sent off in and there was some abject refereeing going on but I don't think he did what he did in bouncing the ball off the floor in an aggressive manner (really referees!) To get a move, I think that was genuine annoyance at how abysmal the officiating was

Booked for showing dissent and it was dealt with in accordance with the Laws of the Game and in accordance with consistency required by the FA.

How abysmal is the knowledge of some football supporters !
    Dafuq? Bouncing a ball, dissent whatever the technicalities he behaved like a twonk.

But thanks for the anally retentive post
  • Options
    What will WBA do with Berahino? I'd like to see them retain him and fine him the maximum possible every week.
  • Options

What will WBA do with Berahino? I'd like to see them retain him and fine him the maximum possible every week.

I think they can fine him 2 weeks wages, every 2 weeks, if he refuses to play, correct me if anyone knows better
  • Options
    They can in effect stop paying him, yes.

But he'll play.

It's a weird one given in effect I think Pulis wanted to sell him and use the cash elsewhere and it's the Chairman that said no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what I've heard on talksport Tottenham were offering a tiny upfront fee and the rest I a series of add ons. The problem with that was it wasn't enough up front to then get I their preferred replacement, Charlie Austin. Hence WBA turning down spurs' offer(s)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

As an aside, it is hard to read that Danny Murphy isn't that bad as a 'pundit'.

A pundit.

When was the last time any pundit anywhere had anything remotely interesting to say?

The only chance, if you thirst for such a thing, to hear stimulating comment about football is on the all too rare occasion when an ordinary caller gets on the wireless and proposes a refreshing slant on things football, or with their club.

Indeed there is a moderately finite amount of stuff to say about Football, well compared to the History of Rome for example, or vegetarianism :smile: .

The so called pundits are supposed to be 'knowledge owners' when in reality they are 'experience owners' and their knowledge is from the narrow perspective of their personal experience, and 99% of the so called pundits have lived near identical footballing experiences.

What football punditry from ex-pros and their cronies can shed light on the happenings at Blackpool for example, or neighbours Fleetwood even? Come on Danny Murphy, pundit away on those two clubs why don't you? You simply can't because even though they are part of the football family, they are a distant Aunt in another country you have never visited. Pundits are like the boring grandparent by the fireplace telling the same old war story over and over again.

If you want to 'put something back' Danny Murphy, get a job as a carer for elderly folk with dementia or something and stop polluting the airwaves and television with your vacuous utterances, and then expect to get paid for it!

Magnificent rant.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

A pundit.

When was the last time any pundit anywhere had anything remotely interesting to say?

The only chance, if you thirst for such a thing, to hear stimulating comment about football is on the all too rare occasion when an ordinary caller gets on the wireless and proposes a refreshing slant on things football, or with their club.

Indeed there is a moderately finite amount of stuff to say about Football, well compared to the History of Rome for example, or vegetarianism :smile: .

The so called pundits are supposed to be 'knowledge owners' when in reality they are 'experience owners' and their knowledge is from the narrow perspective of their personal experience, and 99% of the so called pundits have lived near identical footballing experiences.

What football punditry from ex-pros and their cronies can shed light on the happenings at Blackpool for example, or neighbours Fleetwood even? Come on Danny Murphy, pundit away on those two clubs why don't you? You simply can't because even though they are part of the football family, they are a distant Aunt in another country you have never visited. Pundits are like the boring grandparent by the fireplace telling the same old war story over and over again.

If you want to 'put something back' Danny Murphy, get a job as a carer for elderly folk with dementia or something and stop polluting the airwaves and television with your vacuous utterances, and then expect to get paid for it!

You obviously don't have Sky, but then you wouldn't would you?
  • Options
    Obviously?
  • Options
    Urghh. My ex wife has just got a free sky sports trial and is showing it to our 5 year old.

He is loving it.

What do I do?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Obviously?

Well read what you wrote. It's obvious for all to see.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

A pundit.

I love this comment.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Riviera said:

seth plum said:

Obviously?

Well read what you wrote. It's obvious for all to see.
    Well I have read what I wrote and I believe there is no obvious connection between what I have written and whether or not I have SKY, I believe you are mistaken, and I don't have similar powers to you in knowing what all others would or would not see.
    I am also mystified as to how you have such an insight into what I would or wouldn't have, seeing as how you don't know me.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

A pundit.

*doffs cap*