Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2014 Ryder Cup

Comments

• Options
    Had a dream that Europe won all the foursomes/fourballs thus retaining the cup after 2 days. Would make the Sunday a bit of a non event wouldnt it.....
  • Options

Is it just me but I don't get the Ryder Cup I enjoy watching golf ,maybe it's because its Europe not GB

Yup just you I'm afraid!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    always a must watch & I will be up at 7am on Friday to watch the first ball being hit. Really p**sed off that we are at home Saturday - means I will miss a whole 4 matches of 4somes or 4balls......cant miss a home match can I ??

I think we will edge it - don't think much of their team but then again I think we have a couple of weak links in DeBuisson & Gallagher.

PS I've played the 2014 course at Gleneagles when they announced they had won the right to stage the Ryder Cup (must have been in 2005 ?) They had a special price of £20.14 to play the new course, although it has been changed a bit since then. Also played the main Dukes course there too.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Anyone remember Anthony Kim? Was supposed to be the next great player.

There is a fantastic article on Golf.com about him. Apparently he has an insurance policy that pays him 20m tax free if he never tees up again as a pro.

I do remember him. Him and that prick Weekley are two of my most hated sportsmen ever
    More than Keegan Bradley?

Wanted to smash my TV the last time the Ryder Cup was on cos of that twat. His face makes me wanna commit atrocities.
  • Options

There is a fantastic article on Golf.com about him. Apparently he has an insurance policy that pays him 20m tax free if he never tees up again as a pro.

I do remember him. Him and that prick Weekley are two of my most hated sportsmen ever

Wanted to smash my TV the last time the Ryder Cup was on cos of that twat. His face makes me wanna commit atrocities.
    It's all that twitching around before his shot that bugs me.

• Options

Bradley is a cock, no doubt. But Weekley and Kim made everything about that Ryder Cup horrible. Both of them want burning.
  • Options
    I've loathed Bradley for a while now - the manic twitching, the spitting and the face that only a mother could love. But I have to say he has been growing on me recently given his withdrawal from the FedEx on grounds that he couldn't be sure he hadn't taken an improper drop. Either solid principles or coughing before he was sussed. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say fair play!
  • Options
    Just watching Miracle at Medinah on Sky,unbelievable really. Right about Keegan Bradley though,total bellend :)
  • Options
    Is there a list of whos playing in what matches?

Wanna have a bet on top points scorer but dont know how many times people are playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014

Wanna have a bet on top points scorer but dont know how many times people are playing.

Pairings and singles match ups not announced that far in advance of each day's play so @ValleyGary‌ you need to whittle it down to who you think are nailed on starters for every session to give yourself the best chance and select from them. Tomorrow's opening first session four balls to be announced later today at the opening ceremony.
  • Options
    I'm backing the USA to win it and with a handicap start of +1.5 plus Mickelson and Fowler top USA point scorers and will oppose Poulter on the spreads.
  • Options
    Backed Kaymer and Watson for highest points scorer for their team - 50/1 double.

Backed Europe 16-12 and 15.5 - 12.5 both 12/1 (free bets)
  • Options
    Got a funny feeling we might be underestimating the Yanks. Yanks to win by .5 but hope I'm wrong. They have so many players you just dislike. Didn't feel that way in the days of Crenshaw, Nicklaus, Irwin etc. even when they whipped us every time.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Pairings and singles match ups not announced that far in advance of each day's play so @ValleyGary‌ you need to whittle it down to who you think are nailed on starters for every session to give yourself the best chance and select from them. Tomorrow's opening first session four balls to be announced later today at the opening ceremony.
    Cheers mate. Feeling Fowler for the Yanks and got a gut feeling that G-Mac is gonna have a stormer for Europe.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

RedChaser said:

Cheers mate. Feeling Fowler for the Yanks and got a gut feeling that G-Mac is gonna have a stormer for Europe.
    Yeh not bad, although Kaymer or Rory (they've been playing together in practice as a pairing and may well succeed or fail together) for me and never underestimate the Poults and Rosie very good mates and also paired together in practice. :-)
  • Options
    Ryder Cup really is a spectacle i ll enjoy it and i ll be as biased as the next man ...yes we might not like fowler,bubba,bradley etc but they only do what sergio and poults do ...

i always feel that as exciting as it is ,it could always boil over into something uglier ..just call me ol fashioned

i will say that the 2 skippers set the right example though
  • Options
    These are the Fourball matches for tomorrow :

Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson ( Eur ) V Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson ( USA )
    Thomas Bjorn and Martin Kaymer ( Eur ) V Rickie Fowler and Jimmy Walker ( USA )
    Stephen Gallacher and Ian Poulter ( Eur ) V Jordan Spieth and Patrick Reed ( USA )
    Sergio Garcia and Rory McIlroy ( Eur ) V Keegan Bradley and Phil Mickleson ( USA

Big match up in the final group.

Maybe Europe to just be ahead at the end?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    MATCH 1: 7.35am
    Watson & Simpson v Rose & Stenson

MATCH 2: 7:50am
    Fowler & Walker v Bjorn & Kaymer

MATCH 3: 8:05am
    Spieth & Reed v Gallacher & Poulter

MATCH 4: 8:20am
    Bradley & Mickelson v Garcia & McIlroy

Afternoon Start Times (Foursomes)

• Options
    Gallacher must have shown something in practice.
    Is he a birdie machine?, as in fourballs need players who get lot of birdies even if get the odd bogey as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With these pairings I can easily see USA leading 3-1 after the first session,to me the first 2 matches look good for USA
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm surprised with this. He must be choosing more favoured pairings in the foursomes. Westwood not playing fourball is a surprise!
  • Options
    Observations:

Any team with a player called Bubba in it has got to be sh1t.

Tom Watson's wife has never been near the Botox.
  • Options
    Think partnering Poulter with Gallacher could be a masterstroke. The Jock crowd will get behind Gallacher and Poults will lap it up.
  • Options
    If it's going to be close, 11-1 for the draw looks good.
  • Options
    I've made it to Edinburgh. 5AM train to Stirling tomorrow!
  • Options
    Think the US will do us in fourballs....Speith and Reed will be a masterstroke by watson
  • Options
    love the Euro pairings, apart from the Gags and Poulter pairing all the others play very similar to each other. 3-1 Europe and onto the afternoon
  • Options
    Anyone got any links to watch it ? Cheers
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sky Go seems to be playing up 'server error code -999' anyone else got this? First match teed off Bubba winding the crowd up fair play to him then finds the rough :-) Simpson takes fairway wood and just makes the cut stuff, Rose booms one straight as does Stenson with a 3 wood c'mon Europe.