Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Bob and the Ribena Berry

Prob been mentioned on another thread but just watched the highlights on player at full time you see Evens walking over to shake Bob and the coaching staffs hand, Bob is obviously ignoring him and walks straight on the pitch whist the Ribena Berry starts swearing and shouting in his direction. All you see next is Bob strolling onto the pitch ignoring everything that blob of a man shouts.
I did notice as Evens was walking over to to our bench that he coughed and wiped his hand over his dirty mouth and nose, So maybe Bob saw that and thought I ain't shaking that slobs hand and walked off.
2 managers now big Bob has pissed off hopefully there will be a few more before the end of the season.

Comments

• Options
    Classic Bob.
  • Options
    Gotta to love Big Bob!
  • Options
    Bob should shake Evan's hand.
  • Options
    If you listen to Evans' post game comments he likened Bob to Arsene Wenger. I was trying to get the gist of what he was saying and, basically, he was pissed off that Bob totally ignored him and sarcastically said that the championship now had the pleasure of Bob much like the premiership has had with Wenger over the years. Looking at that clip Bob totally ignored him at the end. Big Bob certainly is a character and not to be intimidated.
  • Options
    Huddersfields Caretaker Manager also had a sly dig at our 'bench' in his post match interview.
  • Options
    I would very much doubt if Evans "healthy" Ruddy complexion was obtained by imbibing large quantities of Ribena (perhaps as a mixer!!)
  • Options
    Halix said:

I would very much doubt if Evans "healthy" Ruddy complexion was obtained by imbibing large quantities of Ribena (perhaps as a mixer!!)

Must be his Glasgow upbringing,cider and deep fried mars bars
  • Options
    I expect Bob found him a bit creepy. A couple of years ago Ribena ran this advertising campaign with the cartoon blackcurrants actually drinking Ribena. Now, that's like being a blackcurrant vampire or whatever the fruit equivalent of cannibalism is. Drinking their own juice, yucky.
  • Options
    To be fair the Football League show colour setting in the post match interviews made Bob look a bit red too.

We have an interesting narrative developing.

In the extended 'Player' interview there is quite a long bit about Bob's behaviour just post match.
    Bob says about three significant things.
    One is that he 'always' goes to the ref and players first...hinting that it may be a continental thing.
    The second is he says that the last time he went to the manager first there was nearly a 'fight'.
    The third is that Bob says 'this time' he was going to the players, not ignoring the Michelin Man. Bob adds there is no acrimony but each manager is 'doing their job'.

Another thing on the extended highlights is the camera shows Bob wandering about somewhat, rather than purposefully going to greet players or officials. Then we get the Roly Poly penalty whinge. Maybe there had been sniping all afternoon.

Easy to think Saturday was a singular episode until you look at the Rosler thing, and Lillis and Rosler also complained about Bob's loose degree of restraint and decorum.

We may have an 'edgy' manager...which is all right by me as long as it is intelligently deployed. I have the impression that Big Bob is indeed a pretty bright and sussed guy, and he is aware of the angles, and I like his approach. I also like it that his guiding principle in all this managing malarkey is to do stuff that gets points.
    I certainly don't think Bob is a look at me kind of manager, but he comes over as a man on business which in these turbulent times I like very much indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I like everything about Bob, except not shaking the oppo manager's hand, when the game finishes.
    It's common decency/courtesy/sportsmanship and should be done straight away.
    (Unless there are extenuating circumstances such as it being Pardew).
  • Options
    I don't like Evans one little bit but I still think the first thing a manager should do after the final whistle is shake the opposing managers hand.
  • Options
    I do wonder if Big Bad Bobby was getting frustrated with Steve Evans and his Assistant's constant explosive complaints to the Fourth Official every time any decision when against Rotherham.

Their assistant manager was out of the technical area marching towards the fourth official in a fit of spitting rage about 5 times during the second half, it was ridiculous.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Yes, I've read that & I believe Peeters is wrong, not to shake the oppo manager's hand first.
    It doesn't matter what the etiquette is in other countries. He's in England.
    Even if he dislikes them or is frustrated by them, you have to show that you are above all that. (Just my opinion).
  • Options

Yes, I've read that & I believe Peeters is wrong, not to shake the oppo manager's hand first.
    It doesn't matter what the etiquette is in other countries. He's in England.
    Even if he dislikes them or is frustrated by them, you have to show that you are above all that. (Just my opinion).
    Yes but what are you're views on people not speaking English in England? ;-)
  • Options
    Bob said he would give Steve Evans a kiss next time.
  • Options
    Yeah a Glasgow Kiss
  • Options

Bob said he would give Steve Evans a kiss next time.

Ah, but would that be a 'Glasgow Kiss' though?

• Options
    He should just pat him on the head, like a bad boy, and send him on his way. Never could stand whining kids.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since being at the game on Saturday I've been trying to rack my brains as to which childrens' TV character Steve Evans reminds me of. Finally cracked it:

The fat controller!

• Options
    I think you'll find it's Sir Topham Hatt!