Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Creative midfielder loan - push the boat out?

It seems that we are pretty much agreed that something is not right with the midfield mix and we lack creativity. What to do? Persevere, hope that Bulot is the answer, drop JJ etc? Is one alternative to really push the boat out and get a premier league quality creative midfielder in on loan from those who currently struggle to get into their own club's match day squad. Some possibilities:

Unrealistic - Joe Allen
Unlikely - Charlie Adam
More credible - Anthony Knockaert.

I suspect this is not the RD way and we will be persevering but would it be worth a punt and, if so, who? It won't happen, but just to prompt a discussion.

Comments

• Options

It seems that we are pretty much agreed that something is not right with the midfield mix and we lack creativity. What to do? Persevere, hope that Bulot is the answer, drop JJ etc? Is one alternative to really push the boat out and get a premier league quality creative midfielder in on loan from those who currently struggle to get into their own club's match day squad. Some possibilities:

Unrealistic - Joe Allen
    Unlikely - Charlie Adam
    More credible - Anthony Knockaert.

I suspect this is not the RD way and we will be persevering but would it be worth a punt and, if so, who? It won't happen, but just to prompt a discussion.

I think the first 2 are definitely out the question, don't know about Knockaert. I actually think we need a hard as nails defensive midfielder. I think between Buyens, JJ and Cousins there's enough talent in the 3 to be a threat going forward (obviously not all can play), we just need a unit to free them up. None of them are the defensive type, so if we bring a defensive midfielder in we can certainly get more out of them. Particularly Buyens
  • Options
    What we need is another good striker to create chances for.
  • Options
    Ravel Morrison.
  • Options
    Harry Arter..........(the one that got away)
  • Options
    Jack Munns
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Jack Munns

Even Chris Solly looks down on him.

• Options

Part of the problem is that we can't get the ball to "stick" up front. We need that hold up type of forward who can receive the ball and bring an advancing midfield into play. At the moment our only way is to build out wide which is not always going to work. It's a centre forward we need although a creative midfielder would be nice.

Spot on. Mendonca, Bent, Yann, all players who could bring others into the game and that's what we're missing right now. Tucudean tries but he's not at the same level.

Can't help thinking the squad could be fitter though.
  • Options
    Claus Jensen...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd probably say all 3 are unrealistic too. The top 2 are just beyond unrealistic.

Was having a look and thought a couple of names would be worth an enquiry.

Sagbo (Hull)
    Tom Lawrence (Leicester)
    Mayuka (Soton)
    Graham (Sunderland)
    Emnes (Swansea)
    Aluko (Hull)

All mainly strikers/attacking players.
  • Options
    Knockaert isn't getting a game at the moment but I understand this is also surprising Leicester fans.

Article I saw recently was him saying he regards Leicester as a stop-gap to bigger and better things. He is happy there and is just waiting to make a step up. Unrealistically ambitious maybe but makes him coming to us even more unlikely. Shame as I have liked him for a while
  • Options
    I know I have said it before, but Hugo Almeida still a free agent and an international. Must be worth a punt with his record at a good level.
  • Options
    Poyet
    Ravel Morrison
    Bent

Premier league here we come
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Jack Munns

He's just too small and feeble from what I've seen. Some players can compensate for a lack of physical presence... he's not one of them.
  • Options
    its up front we need
  • Options
    The root of our (admittedly minor) issues is the fact that play breaksdown on our forwards too often.

We need a foward to hold the ball up and give Buyens, Jackson or Gudmundsson the chance to run beyond the front line.

Teams are also singling Igor out and he needs some help.
  • Options
    Yann & Poyet
  • Options

Yann & Poyet

All together now "MOVE ON"
  • Options
    Zero chance on knockaert. If he comes, I'll get a tattoo of him on my arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yann & Poyet

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Boring move on and get a life for the love of the sweet baby Jesus

Yann & Poyet