Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Bush R I P

First of all please excuse me and Moderators sink if Paul's death has been mentioned elsewhere.

His name caught my eye in today's article in the Racing Post of Betting journalist, Steve Palmer. Unfortunately, I am going to have to quote it from the paper as it does not, as yet, appear to have been repeated on line (unless you are an internet Racing Post Member it would appear):

"We toured London in spectacular fashion, spending much of our time at the Valley, home of Paul's beloved Charlton Athletic. We stalked his favourite player, Eddie Youds, who was one of a few Addicts milling around the social Club."

Paul actually hailed from Weymouth and was best mates at school with Steve Palmer. Paul had arranged Steve's five day stag do in Budapest and three weeks ago sadly died during the celebrations. I have found the following article relating to his death:

westerndailypress.co.uk/Satellite-TV-installer-Paul-Bush-Weymouth-dies/story-22863397-detail/story.html

In today's article Steve also says the following:

"Returning from Budapest with an empty seat beside me on the plane was a soul-destroying experience. I was due to get married just five days later, something I considered almost impossible, with tears a constant feature on my face. Bushy's family were unanimous in insisting the wedding should go ahead, though, so it did, with tributes made to the great man throughout, including a minute's applause at the reception.

My beautiful wife Nicola handled the occasion wonderfully well and Bushy's friends, most of whom were alongside us in Hungary, united like never before to celebrate his life and my marriage in a night of love and togetherness that was a joy to behold. A week after the worst day of my life, came the best. A man who would have been dancing and laughing more than anyone was missing, but the occasion went as our fallen comrade would have wanted.

We will lay Bushy to rest on Thursday. The first of the gang to die. Paul Bush will be remembered with immense affection by all who met him. Gone, but forever loved."

R I P Paul.

Comments