Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Las Palmas v Alcorcón, Saturday 20th September

Alcorcón travel to the Canary Islands for tomorrow's fifth game of the season against top of the table and last year's losing playoff finalists Las Palmas.

Alcorcón's opponents were 1 minute away from La Liga in the playoff last year until Cordoba scored after play was resumed following a premature celebratory pitch invasion by Las Palmas fans at the Estadio Gran Canaria. Dramatic end to their season!

Alcorcón will face a tough match here but have won both games away from home so far and look to get back on form after last week's home defeat to Real Valladolid.

Definitely going to next home game - the South Madrid derby against Leganes - and wearing my new Charlton top (kindly brought by a recent visitor) so looking forward to chatting to the local supporters who know about our connection!

Comments

• Will definitely keep a close eye on this one on marca. Las Palmas are a decent side at that level. I remember the outrage after that play-off defeat so I hope they go up this year. Its always nice for me to see the canary island teams doing well.
  • Some big names in the league this year - Betis, Valladolid, Osasuna, Zaragoza and Mallorca. Definitely reckon Las Palmas will be up there. There's a nice Canary Island rivalry with Tenerife in the league as well.
  • Las Palmas 4-1 Alcorcón.
  • Damn. A right pasting.
  • Óscar Plano scored the Alcorcón goal but looked like a comprehensive defeat.

Big game next week in Madrid derby against Leganes. Season needs a bit of a kick as been pretty mediocre so far with two wins and three losses.
  • 15,802 at the Estadio Gran Canaria. Las Palmas stay top, Alcorcón down to twelth but could drop further after today's games.

Las Palmas' Argentinian striker Sergio Araujo is one to watch. Two goals yesterday makes it seven in first five games. Former Boca Juniors and Barcelona B, he could be a name to look out for.