Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Solly edging closer to full availability

Comments

• Options
    Never expected to read that! Good news if really true.
  • Options
    Great news!
  • Options
    NS certainly seems ITK

Don't know what his source is but seems to be a good one.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I don't really understand. Does BP mean that Solly will be able to play as much as he wants soon, or that he's slightly better than expected.

How does someone get over not having cartilage in their knee?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Wow... Never expected to read that!!

He's always come across as one of those sensible type Footballers but hope Chris isnt saying he's fit to play more often because he enjoys playing Football (i.e. taking a leaf out of Gudmundsson's books who said he was fit to continue against Watford when he obviously wasnt)
  • Options
    Whoooooooooooooooosh?
  • Options
    “After that if he can cope with one or two training sessions more we will see if he can maybe play three games (in a week) in a few weeks

never understood this - its 2 games in a week, Sat and then Tues.
  • Options

NS certainly seems ITK

Looking at the interview answers being quoted by Bob Peeters, I would guess his source is Bob Peeters.
    Thanks Colin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bbob said:

“After that if he can cope with one or two training sessions more we will see if he can maybe play three games (in a week) in a few weeks

never understood this - its 2 games in a week, Sat and then Tues.

And then Saturday again. 3 games, seven days. And now you know.
  • Options
    Saturday to Saturday is 8 days
  • Options
    Fantastic news- although tbh, it sortta might slow down Gomez's development .
  • Options

That was my initial thought, I love Solly but it's been good watching Gomez come through and get his shot in the first team, a good headache to have though.
  • Options

NS certainly seems ITK

Looking at the interview answers being quoted by Bob Peeters, I would guess his source is Bob Peeters.
    Thanks Colin
    Thanks Colin is such an old joke that anyone who jumps on it is an even bigger Colin than the person who made the original Colin comment.

Essentially you have out Colin'd the orignal Colin.

Colin.
  • Options
    Thanks for that, Col.
  • Options

Thanks for that, Col.

No problem Colin.
  • Options

NS certainly seems ITK

Thanks Colin
    Thanks Colin is such an old joke that anyone who jumps on it is an even bigger Colin than the person who made the original Colin comment.

Essentially you have out Colin'd the orignal Colin.

Colin.
    whooooooosh straight at you Colin
  • Options
    Fantastic news, I had really thought our Solly's days were numbered, so that is a great boost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the future there may be a treatment for this which will stop this happening to players. However creates something to stop dodgy knees must be rolling in it.
  • Options
    I thought Chris was only ever going to play a bit part and even then that diminishing. Great to hear that he has a fighting chance of fulfilling at least some of his potential. Lovely little footballer.
  • Options
    Great news. My favourite player for years. What a heart the bloke has. Knees shot to bits and still flies into tackles every game. An example to some of the bottle jobs we have had in recent years.

Gomez will be a great player but it is Bikey and TBH who are really keeping out of his natural position at the moment.

• Options

Solly is a long way ahead of Gomez at this stage of his career, Gomez will get plenty of chances to shine
  • Options
    se9addick said:

That was my initial thought, I love Solly but it's been good watching Gomez come through and get his shot in the first team, a good headache to have though.
    Come January / February we might be playing a lot of games if we get anywhere in the cup. Means we can take the FA cup seriously which all adds to the fun.
    We need other additions too but Liege may loan / sell and the club have clearly stated they will invest if things going well.
  • Options
    As Chris only played 10 games plus 2 sub apps last season, i Trust they know what they are doing if he going to play more than just saturday games, and increase his training.

I hope he can give the new boys a run for their money in the POTY, and can emulate the 3 time winners,

Richard Rufus
    keith peacock
    Nicky Johns
    John Humphrey