Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I know I'm going to get abuse for this but

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Gumbo said:

Turn it in people need to stop looking for a scapegoat and enjoy the start of the season

Hang on No is one is looking for a scrape goat..

This is a football forum where discussions are with people's opinions on who they would like in their starting 11 - I for one enjoy reading and I'm sure a majority people do.

People are allowed to say they don't think a player can be drop without it being a scrap goat.

So why don't you turn it in.. Your just a poormans Paulie!
  • Options
    Many of you say what else has he actualy done and he hasn't had any good touches. Is that forgetting the back heel first time to igor when he was through and bought down for the hudds red card?
  • Options
    Carter said:

Behave gumbo, if its not disabled bays in sainsbury its one of our forwards not having scored 7 already

Stop upsetting the chi of the forum with your rational, common sense bullshit

• Options
    To be fair he has been quite poor. He tries to do the hold up play like Yann but he has absolutely no physical presence.
  • Options
    I think it might do him good to swap him with SC, just to take a bit of pressure off him. He really isn't as bad as some think. In fact I think he gives us something, as others have said, he is creating chances for himself, I think he is trying too hard.
    The header early on was a great run and move, if that goes in I am sure he would "relax" and score and assist a few more. Maybe coming off the bench might benefit him for a couple of games "who knows?"

COYR......
  • Options
    He might not have set the world alight with the ball at his feet but what he does off the ball is very important - and unnoticed/underrated by some here I feel. His movement and presence draw one of the centrebacks away from Igor, and force full backs into a halfway zone instead of sticking out wide to nullify the wingers; when he was on the pitch he drew two defenders out of the box and out wide on the pitch when were defending set pieces - once he left they were free to join in the attacks with more freedom.

He is probably more noticeable by his absence than his presence - but against both Watford and Wolves even after he was replaced with players like Moussa, Harriot and Bulot (all more skilful/fast) the ball came back at us much faster than it was before. I am not saying his the second coming of Kemorgant but he is not a dud by any stretch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he is useful, saying he is a dud is way off in my opinion.

For a young lad making a big step up to the champ I think he has done alright. Shown good qualities technically and am sure he will start to find the net. Think some people are forgetting the squad is still gelling, why take him out? he needs games with the others to keep finding his feet at this level.

Calling for Church is something I would expect when we have lost 5 on the spin and have no where else to turn....
  • Options

Carter said:

Behave gumbo, if its not disabled bays in sainsbury its one of our forwards not having scored 7 already

Stop upsetting the chi of the forum with your rational, common sense bullshit

2010 are on the phone and they want the original joke back

You minge

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

I think he is useful, saying he is a dud is way off in my opinion.

For a young lad making a big step up to the champ I think he has done alright. Shown good qualities technically and am sure he will start to find the net. Think some people are forgetting the squad is still gelling, why take him out? he needs games with the others to keep finding his feet at this level.

Calling for Church is something I would expect when we have lost 5 on the spin and have no where else to turn....

Bit early to be asking for divine help there... Am surprised actually its not in the rule book saying clubs cant call on help from the Almighty
  • Options
    Not sure what a scrape goat is but...

Tuc came straight into the side and has seemed to be guaranteed a starting spot so either he's smashing it in training or Bob thinks he offers something. I think that he's maybe a bit too comfortable and I also agree that Church's cameo showed how hard he works. I dontthink it would do any harm to start Churchy over Tuc, even if it's to show that his position is not invincible.

That being said, an injury to Igor and a front two of Tuc and Church doesn't exactly fill me with joy. We do need another striker.
  • Options
    Simon Church is better than only one other centre forward. David Mooney.

Tucadean will be useful for us this season.
  • Options
    Tucudean's strongest asset is his attitude. Always works, never complains to the ref, never moans when he's subbed, always happy when we win.

So for that, I like him - he's pretty much as selfless as it gets. However, technically and physically I think he leaves a fair bit to be desired. His first touch is either really good or Euell-esque; his finishing - Derby aside - is pretty poor; he always looks laboured in movement; he's not particularly quick; he's not particularly good in the air (I'd say Igor was better because of his prodigious leap and really good timing); he looks generally short of match fitness (Championship hustle and bustle a step up maybe?); and he generally seems to take that half-second too long with every decision.

I'm being overly harsh, reading back, and I don't mean to be. His link-up play is good; he has decent attacking vision; and he gets in the right places a fair amount of the time. He's also young and learning. But still, I think we could do with a similar yet better version of him.
  • Options
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder, a few starts from Church and you'll realise what you've said here OP. He can play a role for us as he showed at Brighton, when we are trying to hit teams on the counter but starting ahead of Tucudean? No thanks.
  • Options
    For me he seems sluggish and slow to react to things going on around him. He did well vs Derby but apart from that I haven't seen anything other than a decent squad player for this level
  • Options
    i like his attitude but i think we could do better ....he missed 2 very good chances last night and it could have been game over

i think he is an improvement on our welsh wonder (as in wonder how we ever signed him in the first place)
  • Options
    Moussa and tucudean are still a step up from forward players from last season apart from kermo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

However, technically and physically I think he leaves a fair bit to be desired. His first touch is either really good or Euell-esque; his finishing - Derby aside - is pretty poor; he always looks laboured in movement; he's not particularly quick; he's not particularly good in the air (I'd say Igor was better because of his prodigious leap and really good timing); he looks generally short of match fitness (Championship hustle and bustle a step up maybe?); and he generally seems to take that half-second too long with every decision.

I agree with this from what I've seen of him. I'm not calling for his head as it is inevitable that some players are going to take longer to settle but it does make me chuckle that, when the team is winning, missed chances are looked upon as "being in the right place" and a good attitude is being praised. Not disagreeing with either of those points but, if he'd had these seven or so games at the start of last season, fans would be crucifying him by now.

It's a nice change from players being judged as "worst player ever" after about 20 minutes in a Charlton shirt but, if things don't change on the next couple of games, someone else deserves a start......
  • Options
    Pretty sure that at this stage last season we were all fairly impressed with Church, who had 3 goals to his name. Considering he has subsequently been classified by some as pretty much the worst striker in our history, I think it's a bit early to be making judgements either for or against Tucudean.
  • Options
    If Tucudean isn't producing over a sustained period then drop him by all means. But just not for Church please.
  • Options

My first look at Tucodean last night and my initial thought was that while he is a talented footballer he looked too much like was playing a friendly with his mates. Not enough aggression and at one stage he gave a friendly little apologetic pat to their centre-back for having (nearly) tackled him.

Not a scrape-goat in my view or in need of replacement by the Church of Lost Causes but needs to take a few passion pills before kick-off.
  • Options
    Chruch scored 3 goals in 30 odd games last season. In no circumstances would he be a suitable replacement for tucudean. All this he works hard rubbish is only useful for the last 20 minutes of a game. He is not good enough for the championship end of.
  • Options
    Was thinking the same myself and thinking Church should be given a start now or at the very least coming on for Tucodean