Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Catering at the Valley

Hi, what is the vegetarian pie today?

Vegetarian.

Yes but what is it?

Cheese and onion.

Is it vegetarian cheese?

It's cheese and onion.

Is the cheese in it vegetarian cheese or not?

It's cheese - beckons boss over.

Boss - it's cheese.

But is it vegetarian cheese.

What are you on about.

Some cheese is vegetarian, most isn't.

I don't know.

There are so many vegetarian options for a pie that to only offer cheese and onion and not know if it's vegetarian cheese is just pathetic.

Until they actually cater for veggies they're not getting my money.

Comments

• Options
    You should have asked what rennet they used. that would have pushed them over the edge
  • Options
    What's vegetarian cheese?
  • Options
    What's vegetarian cheese?
  • Options
    Cheese that doesn't use animal rennet.
  • Options
    Ok, what's rennet?
  • Options

Not saying it's right but did you really expect the catering staff at a football ground to know whether the cheese is veggie cheese or not?

Why not?

• Options
    WSS said:

Ok, what's rennet?

I believe its some sort of enzyme found in calves liver?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Ok, what's rennet?

An animal enzyme from the guts of, mainly, ruminant animals

• Options
    Ruminant? Now wonder they couldn't answer you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ruminant? No wonder they couldn't answer you.
  • Options
    You asked.
  • Options
    No milk in the east again at half time , piss poor.
  • Options
    I reckon if you do catering, at a football stadium or not, you ought to know what is vegetarian and what isn't, especially with cheese.

Anyway seeing as how the Cheese and Onion vile thing was probably bought in packets of four for a quid from Tesco's, all they had to do was look for the green 'V' on the packaging to answer the question.

Rennet is what you add to milk in the cheese making process to make cheese hard.
    Animal rennet is usually scraped from the inside of a cows stomach I believe. You can get vegetable rennet that does the same job.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Not saying it's right but did you really expect the catering staff at a football ground to know whether the cheese is veggie cheese or not?

Why not?

As most of the catering staff I've encountered don't seem to know their arse from their elbow. As I stated, I'm not saying it's right.
  • Options
    Don't worry about dairy stuff, I think it's discusting that the beer is £3.90 a pint, a shit pint at that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Seriously it's a missed opportunity. Money that could go to the club's caterers and by extension eventually to the club is being ignored.
  • Options
    No milk North Lower - No more bottles of beer, beer in ground is rubbish actually taken a step back and is worse than last year.

The football is much improved though so far!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I couldn't believe that they didn't have any bottles of water for sale before the match ,surely there must be a charlton ' spring somewhere?
  • Options
    Vegetarian water?