Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Children walking to school

2»

Comments

• Options
    Let him walk, I used to walk from Mottingham estate to Red Hill in Chislehurst by myself by the age of 9, he'll feel more grown up, and let's be honest 200 yards isn't far to go
  • Options
    I let him go on his own this morning.
  • Options

I let him go on his own this morning.

Well done, a good call in my opinion. Don't worry about it too much!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Or did I?.....

He was fine and looked both ways when he crossed the road. I'll not feel the need to follow him again.

I made him make his own breakfast too so I won't, actually, have to get up in the morning anymore. I think I might like this!

Thanks everyone.
    1.jpg 294.3K
    2.jpg 41.3K
    3.jpg 62.2K
    4.jpg 60.5K
  • Options
    He'll be fine, he looks an old 10yr old in that first pic
  • Options
    Rocking the hoodie and baseball cap there KHA. I bet you didn't look out of place at all. ;o)
  • Options
    If children never get put in a situation where they have to face risks, they will never learn how to evaluate said risks. You can mollycoddled your children as much as you like but you're not doing them any favours. If you've taught your son how to cross the road and you think he's learnt the lesson, let him walk to school.
  • Options
    All you needed was a newspaper with holes cut out to complete the look
  • Options
    Of all the places to feel safe about a child walking to school on their lonesome or otherwise. Kings hill is pretty damned safe!