Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kids going to away games

Does anyone know whether kids are allowed on coaches to away game unoccupied by a adult.My son wants to go Rotherham next week,I can't because of work and he wants to go with a couple of mates.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Can my child travel away without an adult?

Not if he or she is under 16. We are unable to take responsibility for U16s and therefore we will only allow them on board when accompanied by a responsible adult who is aged at least 21. Our stewards have the authority to turn away unaccompanied U16s who present themselves for boarding on the day of the match.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/valley_away/index.aspx#drWcbs6i5sMLw5EM.99

How old is he? As long as he doesn't look too young he should be okay as the stewards aren't going to ask for id.
  • edited September 2014
    No mate, need someone with em
  • edited September 2014
    C_A_F_C said:

We are unable to take responsibility for U16s and therefore we will only allow them on board when accompanied by a responsible adult

Looks like coach travel is out for you NSS, even if you didn't have to go to work.

:-)
  • Perhaps he could travel with someone else going on the coach in loco parentis?
    Put a call out to see if anyone is willing to act as his responsible adult for the trip?
  • If you know others (adults) on the same coach you could ask if they could claim responsibility for him if questioned??
  • I don't know anybody who does coaches, he is only 13 I ok with him going on the coach, never mind he will just have to wait until I calm down at work.
  • edited September 2014
    Tbh I go on the away coach quite often and see people that look younger then 16 get on without issues, although mostly in groups

I've never seen anyone turned away either