Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

noisy neighbours

2»

Comments

• I'm an old stick in the mud and I try to take a live and let live approach to most things, but I've never understood people's selfishness when it comes to loud noise. I'd be really embarrassed belting out my shyte taste in music to my neighbours at all hours. I also fail to see why having the "courtesy" to let people know that you are about to make a total racket makes it ok? We had one a few weeks ago where people a few doors up and across the road had a live band performing in their garden all bloody day long. It was deafening. Just my tough titty if I'd made long standing plans to use my garden for a bbq or some such that afternoon. Apparently some neighbours got a leaflet through the door to say it was happening. and would finish at 1800. We didn't get one and my much less tolerant than me neighbours were on the dog to the old bill at 1801!!!!

We had some a-hole park up at 0232 this morning with his car stereo blaring out full blast for about 5 minutes. Cheers pal if your reading this.

oh sh*t, sorry about that. I was pissed out me nut, didn't realise it was so loud. I'll turn my spice girls albumn down next time I park up outside yours.

• I also fail to see why having the "courtesy" to let people know that you are about to make a total racket makes it ok?

It doesn't make it ok. But it does give you the POSSIBILITY of making alternative arrangements, such as going out for the day or sleeping elsewhere.

I appreciate that and it does show an element of courtesy in one sense, but the fact remains that even in cases where you are warned, the perpetrator is making the assumption that they can do what they like and to hell with the needs of others. My mind just doesn't work like that I'm afraid.