Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Unlocking a mobile

My wife has been given a basic Nokia 301 by her father who could not get on with it. Trouble is its a PAYG and he is with O2 and my wife Vodafone so the phone is locked.

Never done this before. Does she have to go to Vodafone to get it unlocked or can it be done online?? Help.

Comments

• You have to go to a shop. Where do you live? i had to do this for someone recently who wanted just a basic crappy thing so changed it from a pay as you go. I went to one, Cell Phone city in Woolwich i think its called.

The place is quite depressing tho.
  • The Dad might be able to just ring O2 up and ask for an unlock code which can then just be typed into the phone.
  • Got mine unlocked on eBay, cheap and quick.
  • Curb_It said:

You have to go to a shop. Where do you live? i had to do this for someone recently who wanted just a basic crappy thing so changed it from a pay as you go. I went to one, Cell Phone city in Woolwich i think its called.

The place is quite depressing tho.

Nowhere near Woolwich now hence online or phone call would help.
  • Practically any market stall anywhere that sells phones or accessories will do it for about a tenner.
  • edited September 2014
    I know O2 have a policy of unlocking contract phones for free (not sure about PAYG). I'd give them a call.
  • I know O2 have a policy of unlocking contract phones for free (not sure about PAYG). I'd give them a call.

Thanks. Will pop in and talk to them.