Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Women vs Germany at Wembley £10

Gonna go to this, been wanting to catch an England womens game for a while, theyre playing good football of late and it should be a good game against the 5 times world champions. Cant argue with £10 for a Wembley game!

thefa.com/news/england/womens/2014/sep/england-womens-team-v-germany-wembley-090914

Comments

• Options
    Any would yas?
  • Options
    Bloody hell... Is our mens team so bad they're putting the ladies up against the World Champions now
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Gonna go to this, been wanting to catch an England womens game for a while, theyre playing good football of late and it should be a good game against the 5 times world champions. Cant argue with £10 for a Wembley game!

thefa.com/news/england/womens/2014/sep/england-womens-team-v-germany-wembley-090914

I don't mean to be disrespectful to womens football, but it is so slow. I went to the Olymic final at Wembley and it was like watching paint dry.

Don't get me wrong, they are all far better footballers than I was or will ever be, but because I am used to mens football it just seemed so boring.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

I don't mean to be disrespectful to womens football, but it is so slow. I went to the Olymic final at Wembley and it was like watching paint dry.

Don't get me wrong, they are all far better footballers than I was or will ever be, but because I am used to mens football it just seemed so boring.
    Does that rule out watching the Charlton womens team too then?
  • Options
    People should get behind the women and stop comparing to men's football all the time, of course it is going to be a different game. Even Charlton have a womens team who do quite well. They deserve more recognition and credit then they are given.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Does that rule out watching the Charlton womens team too then?
    Fraid so.
  • Options
    CAFC_TINI said:

People should get behind the women and stop comparing to men's football all the time, of course it is going to be a different game. Even Charlton have a womens team who do quite well. They deserve more recognition and credit then they are given.

Yes I agree they should be supported, but it's just not for me. Sorry.
  • Options

CAFC_TINI said:

Dont mean to keep on at you, but hypothetically, if the England women got the World Cup final, you would have no interest in watching it?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFC_TINI said:

Dont mean to keep on at you, but hypothetically, if the England women got the World Cup final, you would have no interest in watching it?
    Trev, I don't even watch the England mens team, so it would be highly unlikely I'd watch the ladies. Never say never though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFC_TINI said:

No no no it's utter pony.
    And why the Beeb have to spend my licence money on it in the name of equality I don't know?
    Before you know it there will be men doing cooking and stuff!
  • Options

I'm up for this. Where do I pick up my £10 for going?

I would want more than a tenner.
  • Options
    No thank you very much.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I'm up for this. Where do I pick up my £10 for going?

I would want more than a tenner.
    Beat me to it...

Women playing football. Hardly something you would pay to see?
  • Options
    Really??
  • Options
    If you love football... why does it matter what gender is in the shirt... love the game for what it is! This is misogyny at its best!
  • Options

Stating you do not want to watch women's football because the standard is low, compared to professional English men's football, does not make a person a misogynist.
  • Options

Stating you do not want to watch women's football because the standard is low, compared to professional English men's football, does not make a person a misogynist.

Not all the comments state that it is because standard is low, I think you will find!
  • Options
    Might as well pay to see me and my mates play a match. Probably only sport we would beat the best women.
  • Options
    CAFC_TINI said:

Not all the comments state that it is because standard is low, I think you will find!
    You are right of course - some comments are making a joke on the idea that you receive a tenner for watching it.
    It looks like one person made what is clearly an ironic comment about
    women + football = men + cooking
    but it's pretty clear they were making a joke too.

Everyone else has said they would watch it, or that the reason they wouldn't is because the standard is too low for them to find it entertaining.
    Personally, I don't mind women's football, but I can take it or leave it.

Apart from some flippant comments, it does seem that the reason people won't watch is because they think the standard is poor, NOT because it's women playing. So this can't be summed up as "misogyny at its best" in my humble opinion.

Sometimes jokes can misfire or be inappropriate, but this thread looks pretty tame to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love that women want to play football. However the same way I can't really be bothered to go and see Greenwich Borough, I just can't be bothered to go and watch that standard of football.

Best of luck to them though.
  • Options
    CAFC_TINI said:

If you love football... why does it matter what gender is in the shirt... love the game for what it is! This is misogyny at its best!

It really pisses me off when people like you play the misogyny card especially when no one has said it's because they are women!
    It's because it's a shiite standard of football!
    Shouting misoginist to counter people's legitimate opinions on women's football is very counter productive.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    CAFC_TINI said:

Agreed, it should not be compared to the mens game and [people should not even judge it on the quality of the play, but on whether they enjoy it. I like womens football and am going to the match. I have seen Charltons team in two finals (pre Prem relegation) and two England internationals, plus an Olympic Semi Final. Some people can't stand it, get no joy from watching it, fine. There are lots of sports to go around.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

CAFC_TINI said:

Agreed, it should not be compared to the mens game and [people should not even judge it on the quality of the play, but on whether they enjoy it. I like womens football and am going to the match. I have seen Charltons team in two finals (pre Prem relegation) and two England internationals, plus an Olympic Semi Final. Some people can't stand it, get no joy from watching it, fine. There are lots of sports to go around.
    Seeing Team GB beat Brazil at the Olympics 2 years at Wembley (in front of 80,000 no less) showed me that womens football is just as valid as mens. Presumably if some of the chaps on this thread were offered tickets to that game 2 years ago they would have turned them down?

But hey, there are ppl who would refuse to watch Dulwich Hamlet because they see it as a lower standard of footy so hey-ho....
  • Options
    I'm going with Paddy and Seth Plum to look at all the unbo sorts !!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Kap10 said:

CAFC_TINI said:

people should not even judge it on the quality of the play

Exactly, that would rule out watching the Charlton mens team most of the time...
  • Options
    CAFC_TINI said:

Kettles boiled love.
  • Options
    Although against discrimination of any form, it was quite funny singing to the female referee (Wendy Toms possibly) at the cup final at Selhurst "You're not fit to iron my shirt!".
  • Options
    edited September 2014

CAFC_TINI said:

Kettles boiled love.
    *sigh*

Faith in humanity reduced.
  • Options
    If they paid me £10 I'd consider it.