Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Driving for a 18/19 yo

2»

Comments

• I did it. The secret is to not crash. I had a couple of knocks but just didn't go through the insurance and the costs I paid were a lot less than paying 3000 per year. Admittedly I didn't get any no claims but I'm now I'm on my girlfriends insurance anyway as we share a car and will be for the foreseeable future.

On a side note my girlfriend is a year younger than me and has written off every car she's had, yet her insurance is still have the price mine would be.

Due to the gender directive the insurance companies are not allowed to discriminate based on gender so as they don't ask about accidents that are over five years ago it could make no difference.
  • Typical 19yr old male Scooter driver insurance costs £165 per year.
    Commute to and from work. Job done.
  • cafcfan said:

Forgot to say: having a conviction for fraud tends to bugger up the job prospects as well.

Fumbluff said:

Fronting is what I usually have to ring the insurance company to tell them I've just fookin' broken off again on a speed bump....

Word of advice never tell her indoors that you've got a bit of a problem with the front splitter.

Anyway, jeez yeah, that's a sod. It kept happening to me when we had this - I could never understand why!

NICE car.!