Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton sticker album - available this Saturday

edited September 2014 in General Charlton
As a 29 year old I'm way, way too excited about this. Maybe we could set up a Charlton Life swapsies group ?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140908-sticker-book-1903815.aspx

"Supporters who purchase Saturday’s edition of the Valley Review will also receive the first ever Charlton Athletic sticker album along with the four collectable Addicks stickers.

Split into eight sections over 20 pages, there will be stickers of all of the current first team as well as a 2014/15 introduction which will include this season’s kits and the team photo.

The other sections are titled Great Games, The Valley, Honours and Captains, Legends and Bosses, Academy Graduates and stats which have places reserved for a host of stickers depicting classic photos, memorable moments, and legendary players from across Charlton’s history.

Four stickers will be included in every matchday magazine between now and the end of the season with a total of 84 to collect.

Deputy Programme editor Olly Groome believes the sticker book would be popular new addition to the Valley Review.
"Having successfully redesigned the matchday magazine it was always in our minds to do something a little bit different," said Groome.
"We think it's a fresh idea that we hope will appeal not only to our young supporters, but to fans of all ages.

"When the idea was first discussed in the press office during pre-season it was something we were all really keen to make happen.

"Our designer Louie Brown has been working hard on the layout of the album while I've been tasked with choosing the appropriate stickers to bring together a collection befitting of both the club’s past and present.

"It's going to be a great addition to the matchday magazine that we believe is fast becoming one of the best in the Championship"

More details on the Charlton Athletic sticker book will follow later in the week.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140908-sticker-book-1903815.aspx#9xhu3lpF1Lc8K47t.99"

Comments

• Options
    Tell me more? :-0
  • Options
    Now if it was coins. Now yer talking!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

As a 29 year old I'm way, way too excited about this. Maybe we could set up a Charlton Life swapsies group ?

I'm in!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    LOL

Guess what North London club started doing this last season..... :-)
  • Options

LOL

Guess what North London club started doing this last season..... :-)

Barnet?
  • Options
    As soon as I typed it I thought who will say Barnet or Spurs first !
  • Options

As soon as I typed it I thought who will say Barnet or Spurs first !

Predictable is what I am! ;o)
  • Options
  • Options
    Nice one Stig. Who wants a crap book of stickers when you can have a collection of beauties like that all in their own commemorative cardboard display box?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might get us buying a prog for the grandkids....

Decent idea.

Will be interesting to see if sales increase significantly.
  • Options
    Good marketing idea. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to buy all the remaining home programmes from this Saturday to complete the sticker album. Which would mean more programmes sold as every child under the age of 14 (Plus the adults who are big kids) will want one.

• Options
    Love it
  • Options
    Eeek - shouldn't this be in the 101 embarrassing Charlton incidents thread? Or am I being grumpy?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Good marketing idea. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to buy all the remaining home programmes from this Saturday to complete the sticker album. Which would mean more programmes sold as every child under the age of 14 (Plus the adults who are big kids) will want one.

Prob still cheaper than buying packs to complete

great idea
  • Options
    Great idea.
  • Options
    It's a brilliant idea - my 12 year old is debating whether to start buying the programme to collect them all.

(although my prediction is, when he realises it's most of his pocket money gone each week... he won't!)
  • Options

It's a brilliant idea - my 12 year old is debating whether to start buying the programme to collect them all.

(although my prediction is, when he realises it's most of his pocket money gone each week... he won't!)

Bank of Dad can pay
  • Options

Bank of Dad can pay
    I suspect that's going to be his suggestion yeah. Might be a test of his loyalty if I make him choose between the Beano and the programme..
  • Options
    Bloody hell, another reason to hate being an exile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have loved this as a kid, now i'll have to think of "someone" I can collect them for...
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Or just pick up the ones discarded by away fans?
  • Options
    I wonder if there will be a Chris Powell picture
  • Options
    My 2 year old son told me he really wants them all.
    Honest.
  • Options
    I'm all over this
  • Options
    What a brilliant idea well done whoever thought it up, my lad is very excited
  • Options
    Awesome idea, i would have loved this when i was a kid.....................actually i still love it just gutted i don't get to the Valley very often anymore.

I want stickers too :(
  • Options
    I bet no one gets the Andy Delort sticker.