Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Switzerland v England

Hart

Stones
Cahill
Jones
Baines

Henderson
Wilshire
Delph
Sterling

Rooney
Welbeck

God help us!

Comments

• Surely, we have a better centre half than Phil Jones !
  • Delph and Henderson holding with Sterling, Welbeck and Wilshere behind Rooney?
  • edited September 2014
    _MrDick said:

Surely, we have a better centre half than Phil Jones !

I know Jones is still young but personally Eric Dier has had a better start to the season AND he's also young. Why not play him? Or at least have him in the squad.

In terms of club performances, nobody can say that a single Man United player deserves to be playing in the England squad after last seasons performances and this seasons start.
  • No England for me tonight
    first time in a long time its on TV and I aint watching

Football is appalling Rooney and Delph should not be playing
    Spain V Macedonia for me tonight
  • Welbeck is England's automatic 3rd striker. Really does highlight how weak in depth the squad is
  • Not a single world class player in that line up, and yes - I do realise that Rooney is playing.
  • Has their ever been a bigger dichotomy than Ingerland Away aving it large in Basel?

hilarious for me, as a Swiss resident, to watch the locals terrified at our cave man persona. Great atmosphere.

I hope Sommer feels the pressure of his new no.1 goalie and drops a ricket. Im banking on a keeper blunder to decide it
  • God, I'm nearly tempted to keep the MLB game on that I'm watching after seeing that line up ...

I won't though because I'm an idiot!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a single world class player in that line up, and yes - I do realise that Rooney is playing.

FAB fAb FAb Fabian delph

Watch him tear it up with his engine ;)
  • 0-3 come on the boys! A result here and we'll win the group! keep the faith
  • Get it on the TV and get behind the team. I know it might be dreadful and the players aren't world beaters.but that's why they need our support.

Come on England...

That really doesn't make sense in my head. How can you get behind the team and give support from your living room?
  • No England for me tonight
    first time in a long time its on TV and I aint watching

Football is appalling Rooney and Delph should not be playing
    Spain V Macedonia for me tonight

Of course Delph should be playing. England need a player to break up play and shield the defence and he's the best English player available for that role. Or we could do what we did in the World Cup; jam the big players in there regardless of how it affects the structure of the team and watch teams exploit our obvious weaknesses. I hope Delph has a cracker
  • Delph is a very decent player. Sorry he's not a big name and doesn't play for a big club but he's been consistently outperforming people like Jack Wilshere for well over a season now. Happy for him and hope he gives a good account of himself.

Finally Roy playing a 4-3-3 with three central midfielders and one acting as an achor. God I've bloody hated the formations he's been using, personally think the 4-2-3-1 is terrible unless you use it right.

Worried about our fullbacks though. Could see both Lich and Rodriguez getting A LOT of space down our wings w/ our fullbacks, one naive defensively and another not experienced/fully comfortable at RB.

PS: What does Clyne have to do to get into this team considering the state of our defence?
  • It's like recycling... You alone probably won't make a difference but as a collective, the british public can make a big difference from their living rooms.

Just take it as a fresh start and enjoy the game! No negativity while the game is on! I don't exactly rate a couple of the players but like when Spongefoot is on the Valley pitch, he (and so they) have my 100% support.
  • Delph and Wilshire - excuse the language but fuck me that's bad.
  • why have Delph and no sign of Colback, Huddlestone, Barry, Osman
  • Give Delph a chance FFS. He's not even played yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good selection

We have needed to give young players a chance for decades.

Regardless of the result tonight this is the way forward.

It might take a while but we have to take the pain now in order to improve long term.
  • Good start. stop their full backs getting out and win the ball back high up the pitch.
  • Colback is injured.
    Osman isn't defensively minded.
    Barry is 82 years old.
    Huddlestone had a purple patch last season, average since.

Apparently Delph our best player so far.
  • Delph and Wilshire - excuse the language but fuck me that's bad.

Parker should have been a England regular 6 years before he did.

Maybe the Villa fans no off Delph like we did of Parker, people used to look at me as if I had two heads when I said Parker should be in the team back then.

Im glad different faces are given a chance before its too late. Just have to stick with them.

I would question what the fck Shelvey has done to no be considered.

• why have Delph and no sign of Colback, Huddlestone, Barry, Osman

whats with the lol @Callumcafc
    Put it this way Huddlestone was one of the most consistent performers last season
    Gareth Barry, everyone has said you cant play him when Lampard or Gerrard are playing so surely now you can
    Jack Colback was a key player for Sunderland in their survival bid last season
    and Leon Osman performs on a consitant basis as well, all 4 are better than Delph
  • edited September 2014
    Delph has been our best player so far. So just watch the match and criticise if he plays badly afterwards.

(Outside of his tackling, maybe trying to impress a little too much).
  • Delph will be lucky to stay on the pitch at this rate
  • Delph has been our best player so far. So just watch the match and criticise if he plays badly afterwards.

He's lucky to still be on the field.
  • This is when you need a captain to go and have a word.

Oh wait, we have Rooney.
  • Delph has been our best player so far. So just watch the match and criticise if he plays badly afterwards.

Hang on he is the holding midfielder his tackling needs to be spot on, barely 10 minutes have been played how can you say he is the best player, there are probably a few players who have not touched the ball yet lol