Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2016 Qualifiers

As they have now started I thought I would start a thread

Comments

• watching the Northern Ireland game has got me thinking they are in a group with
    Hungary
    Greece
    Romania
    Finland
    Faroe Islands

I honestly think they will be looking and thinking if we can perform to our top levels we could get a top 3 finish, but with the extra places this year I am sure a lot of countires will be thinking that, and It will be interesting to see, what smaller nations make it in 2016
  • Northern Ireland beating Hungary 2-1 away
  • Rep of Ireland just scored a pretty tasty potential last min winner against Georgia
  • Interesting to see how Gibraltar do against Poland in their first competitive fixture.
  • Bet Ayna doesn't do that against you guys!

Scots given the Germans a good game.
  • Interesting to see how Gibraltar do against Poland in their first competitive fixture.

Losing 0-5 currently
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2014

Portugal lost at home to Albania

Portugal are a very ordinary side without Ronaldo. That puts Denmark in the driving seat of "Group I" I reckon.
  • Portugal lost at home to Albania

Just like Northern Ireland another team that might think they could sneak 3rd if Portugual, Serbia or Denmark struggle
    the fact more teams qualify really could open it up for some smaller nations
  • I watched the whole of the Denmark v Armenia game earlier and the Danes definitely didn't have it their own way in fact they had to come from a goal down at home to win 2-1. Despite my earlier comment I do think it will be a very open group.
  • watching the Northern Ireland game has got me thinking they are in a group with
    Hungary
    Greece
    Romania
    Finland
    Faroe Islands

I honestly think they will be looking and thinking if we can perform to our top levels we could get a top 3 finish, but with the extra places this year I am sure a lot of countires will be thinking that, and It will be interesting to see, what smaller nations make it in 2016

I'm thinking what an awesome group from a travelling fans perspective.
  • Scotland did well, stupid red card for Mulgrew though.

Hopefully England can get a decent result tomorrow to make for an ok start from the British and Irish teams.
  • England will draw against / narrowly defeat a couple of minnows then lose to everyone else as usual. Meh, as I believe you young'uns say.
    Hungary
    Greece
    Romania
    Finland
    Faroe Islands

How does anyone even get to the Faroe Islands? Must be bloody expensive.
    Hungary
    Greece
    Romania
    Finland
    Faroe Islands

How does anyone even get to the Faroe Islands? Must be bloody expensive.
    Its on my list of places to visit in the next couple of years.

The most popular route is via a stop in Copenhagen. Not too bad price wise. Last time I looked it was around £300 return.

• se9addick said:

Scotland did well, stupid red card for Mulgrew though.

Complete plank of a red card by Mulgrew.

Still plenty of positives to take and first defeat in a while. Hope the Strachan factor can keep working.
  • I think Scotland will will qualify.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Scotland will will qualify.

Germany top
    then Poland, Scotland and Ireland fighting it for the last automatic place and 3rd spot think it could be close between the 3
  • Watched the Republic game and they were very lucky with a piece of magic from McGeady in the 90th. Pretty ordinary and Georgia were buoyed by a cracking equaliser in the first half. I suspect none of them wanted to upset Temuri Ketsbaia, the manager. The commentators couldn't stop themselves mentioning his kicking the cr@p out of the advertising boards after scoring for the Geordies years ago!

O'Neill has a tough job on his hands. Would do well to start by say thanks very much for all you've done and wishing Robbie Keane all the best in his retirement.

Gibraltar did well in the 1st half, but Poland ripped them several new ones early in the 2nd. Faro stadium looked empty, but the Poles were certainly creating a lot of noise. The Sagres was obviously going down well.
  • TelMc32 said:

Watched the Republic game and they were very lucky with a piece of magic from McGeady in the 90th. Pretty ordinary and Georgia were buoyed by a cracking equaliser in the first half. I suspect none of them wanted to upset Temuri Ketsbaia, the manager. The commentators couldn't stop themselves mentioning his kicking the cr@p out of the advertising boards after scoring for the Geordies years ago!

O'Neill has a tough job on his hands. Would do well to start by say thanks very much for all you've done and wishing Robbie Keane all the best in his retirement.

Gibraltar did well in the 1st half, but Poland ripped them several new ones early in the 2nd. Faro stadium looked empty, but the Poles were certainly creating a lot of noise. The Sagres was obviously going down well.

Gib were making lots of noise throughout the game as well. Their fans were told to hide their shirts/flags as they travelled through Spain for the game as the Spanish authorities were looking to make life difficult for them.
  • TelMc32 said:

Watched the Republic game and they were very lucky with a piece of magic from McGeady in the 90th. Pretty ordinary and Georgia were buoyed by a cracking equaliser in the first half. I suspect none of them wanted to upset Temuri Ketsbaia, the manager. The commentators couldn't stop themselves mentioning his kicking the cr@p out of the advertising boards after scoring for the Geordies years ago!

Gib were making lots of noise throughout the game as well. Their fans were told to hide their shirts/flags as they travelled through Spain for the game as the Spanish authorities were looking to make life difficult for them.
    They'd be better off playing their games in Morocco but I assume UEFA stipulated it had to be played in Europe.

Going to Portugal for Gib v Scotland next October.
  • Cheers Brendan, couldn't make that out, but watching in Spain and maybe the Spanish have found a way of drowning them out from Sky's coverage!

I'll be in Faro next year for the Ireland game. Hopefully a good few beers between both sets of supporters before & after :)
  • Paulie you are the Bill Frindall (RIP) of Charlton Life with your statistical knowledge!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29106394

Wales may play Bale up front instead of on the wing. The only other option is Simon Church...
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29106394

Wales may play Bale up front instead of on the wing. The only other option is Simon Church...

With Coleman mentioning the fact Church is not playing much football, if he does start with Bale as CF, Church might feel he has no option but to leave to get first team football
  • I thought Bale usually started up front for Wales nowadays?