Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frampton vs Kiko Martinez

Big fight tonight, for the IBF Super Bantamweight title. In Frampton's hometown of Belfast which should give him the edge.

Second time they've fought, Frampton knocked him out in the 9th last time. Yet Martinez is the one currently holding the world title.

On Boxnation if you have it, streams if you don't.

Comments

• Options
    Frampton must surely win this and build up to a Scott Quigg showdown which he'll probably win as well.
  • Options
    Winner must fight Chris Avalos within 90 days.

Avalos is mandatory but agreed to wait so Martinez could rematch Frampton.

Wouldn't be surprised to see that fight plus a Quigg defence on the same bill (or if not the same night across two shows), then put them in together early next year.
  • Options

Frampton must surely win this and build up to a Scott Quigg showdown which he'll probably win as well.

Proper 50/50 fight that. I watch Quigg and think he will win, then watch Frampton and think he will. I've changed my mind about 6/7 times in the past year.
    Gonna stick with Quigg from now on.
  • Options
    Anyone got a link to a steam for this? Don't have box nation. Cheers
  • Options
    Quigg seems to have it all, but you have to remember he has stuck with his shitty little plastic title and fought exclusively no hopers, so would think frame ton would edge it. Shame, in himself Quigg is a good bloke and a good fighter,but his camp sets the bar too low. Tonight iOS a genuine 50 50 with too excellent boxers on show.
  • Options
    And we're off
  • Options
    He is open too a punch, but is looking the stronger in this
  • Options
    Sounds like Frampton is bossing this according to Radio 5 live
  • Options
    Dirty fucka though deliberately head butted and cut martinez,

However Frampton is winning by a long distance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NLA

Did Martinez take the last two rounds (8&9)?
  • Options
    Yep I'd say he took 8 9 10

Frampton doesn't move his head enough
  • Options
    1 round from being the world champion.
  • Options
    Come on Carl!!
  • Options
    Radio 5 live seem to think Frampton has done it.
  • Options
    Excellent performance from Frampton.
  • Options
    He has!
  • Options
    And the new!!!!! Another world champion for the UK. Well deserved Carl Frampton
  • Options
    Completely deserved!
  • Options
    Frampton wanting to fight Quigg, who he calls the man! Now that's class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Frampton wanting to fight Quigg, who he calls the man! Now that's class.

A lot of respect between the pair. Nice to see. Love to see that fight now.
  • Options
    He fought really well and looked good doing it, was disappointed in the headbutt, but both were looking to rough up

He needs to move his head more, his foot work is world class if he can get the big swede moving aswell then the boy is destined for huge things
  • Options
    Frampton looked sharp and clinical, put together some great combos and I only had Martinez winning 2/3 rounds. He's great to watch, it's a shame for him he fights at a weight that is never going to catch the public's attention.

In my opinion he would beat Quigg easily. Quigg has spent too long fighting on Sky's lopsided cards and even after he won his belt, we are still yet to see him fight anyone competitive.
  • Options
    Rigondeaux is the only man who can beat Frampton. Frampton would beat Quigg i think.
  • Options
    Amazing performance, top class. Footwork was so,etching else against a very, very good champ. You know if Kiko gets on you you're in bother, but he constantly managed to keep moving and keep of the ropes, it's like he's got wing mirrors. Liked the comment to The Gallagher boys about being the one with a legitimate belt holder. I think Quigg might've closer than people think, he's a good fighter, but he's been sold short fighting mugs for a plastic belt.
  • Options
    Where's Nolly?
  • Options
    Don't have box nation and could not get any of the live steams to work so ended up listening to the fight on radio 5 live. Not listened to a live boxing on radio since Tyson/Bruno 1 in the late 80's. Not a fan of listening to football on the radio but boxing and cricket is different for me. Really enjoyed it.
    Pleased for Frampton as he always comes across as a good guy outside the ring and one vicious little so and so in the ring!! Good fighter who is destined for bigger things.
  • Options
    His footwork was simply dazzling last night, the best ring craft movement of any boxer we have, the only concern for me was that he didn't remove martinez with such a dominant display, even though I thought it would go to points myself, I didn't anticipate it to be so lop sided

And that if he can't move out an opposition then his footwork won't last 12 and that showed in rds 8,9,10, his head is very static and needs to move more so he don't get caught late on in fights
  • Options
    Frampton Live - great album.