Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coventry V Gillingham (At The Ricoh Arena)

Coventry's first game at The Ricoh Arena for 27 Home matches
expecting 28,000 tonight looks like a great atmosphere

Comments

• Options
    Looks like a full house.
  • Options
    Hope they lose.
  • Options
    For a very brief moment I remembered the feeling when Walshy did that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    How good are Coventry looking!
  • Options

How good are Coventry looking!

They look good going forward
    Nouble looks a handful
  • Options
    Coventry look very good.

Haynes on the left is only 18, might be worth a look next summer.
  • Options
    Can't wait for them to go bust and I will build a warehouse on that shit place
  • Options
    Score?
  • Options
    1-0. Nouble.
  • Options
    Jim O'Brian looks decent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like they had a monster truck cutting the grass.
  • Options
    Was due to go to this tonight c/o my Cov supporting mate - had tickets but he blew out in the week.
  • Options
    I never thought that, in my lifetime, I would see Frank Nouble score a goal.

Just goes to show that every day brings something new to this planet.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Looks like they had a monster truck cutting the grass.

the had a games fair or something when it was all gone they noticed there was no grass left
  • Options
    Fair play for getting 27,306 in.
  • Options
    Tudgay and Nouble up front for Coventry. Two of the worst forwards to play for us in recent years.
  • Options
    Very harsh on Tudgay, he only played about 60 minutes in total and had a decent impact against QPR.
  • Options
    That Nouble fella looks quite good, maybe we could get him on loan..,.
  • Options
    Bring Nouble back! That tap in at dagenham will live long in the memory
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    second time I've seen the ginger nut and he's impressed me both times
  • Options
    Erm. Not all Coventry boycotted their games and some travelled to Northampton. No different to us really. Many of our fans boycotted Selhurst.
  • Options
    My mate nearly got on a cross in the last few mins for Gillingham :( ... Shame.

That said, good to see Coventry back at the Ricoh.

• Options
    The vast majority of our core support went to Selhurst Park, we weren`t exactly getting big crowds at the time we left The Valley were we? Coventry were getting around 1,000 or less of their fans at Northampton, a massive drop in the crowds they were getting before they left The Ricoh.
  • Options
    If we had moved 30 odd miles from the valley Im sure Charlton fans would of boycotted as well. The fact that they are back at the Ricoh shows that this has worked.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

If we had moved 30 odd miles from the valley Im sure Charlton fans would of boycotted as well. The fact that they are back at the Ricoh shows that this has worked.

30 miles from london can be a 2 hour journey or more...30 miles from coventry can be a 30 min trip...
  • Options
    Coventry fans gave up, 10% of their support went to Northampton, 80% of ours went to selhurst and upton park
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Shrew said:

30 miles from london can be a 2 hour journey or more...30 miles from coventry can be a 30 min trip...
    Yep I see that completely, I don't really want to get into defending Coventry supporters , no affinity to the club at all, (and I find the Ricoh pretty soulless) but I think it is very different in towns outside of London, i.e. most Charlton supporters come from quite a wide area of south london and north kent, a big majority of coventry supports come from the town itself. If you walk in Coventry you see a lot of Coventry tops just as if you walk in Wolverhampton the colours of Wolverhampton are everywhere. You don't get this walking in Charlton, Blackheath, or Plumstead. Clubs in more regional towns do have a bigger identity to the actual town they are based in.I see Charlton's affinity is with The Valley itself .

• Options
    i watched about ten minutes of that game before I got so sick of the commentary going on about how great the Coventry fans were and how they've gone through so much. Nauseating. it was only a bloody year they were away and they moved from their home ground highfields only a few years previous to go to their "Home" the soulless Ricoh arena.