Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England game attendance

Comments

• Options
    People aren't going because it's too expensive...
  • Options

Do you mean the fact that people aren't going is or isn't due to the prices? Not quite sure.
  • Options
    Think he means its not the reason they arent going. More to do with a declining interest in the national team at the moment.
  • Options
    Isn't due to the price. Gary's all the ball!
  • Options

Mixture if both. Overpriced crap. Value for money. Slash the prices and more people will turn up.
  • Options

Do you mean the fact that people aren't going is or isn't due to the prices? Not quite sure.

Thought so, so you meant 'people aren't not going because it's too expensive'.
  • Options
    I can barely be bothered to watch England on TV these days, let alone trudge off to Wembley at any price.

The excitement of watching our national team has just gone for me. I think its because our players look like they lack confidence on the international stage these days. That's hardly surprising as many of them are not even first choice for their clubs, which fill their teams with overseas players.

Its all very sad.
  • Options
    I used to go to almost all England games at Wembley but I will never go again because of the price and the shit experience that it is now. Having to sit next to people who resemble stuffed dummies and put up with that poxy band and be shoved around and dictated to by some £10 a week muppet steward is too much for me! I am a law abiding human being and won`t allow myself or my friends and family to be subjected to that shit ever again!

Still think the stadium is top notch though! The only time I will ever go there again is if Charlton are in the play off final!
  • Options
    Cheapest ticket for Slovenia at home in Nov if you're not a member and not in the family stand is £35 - now that's too much. I'm not saying its the only reason but it has an impact.

We have San Marino home in Oct, Estonia away in Oct, Scotland away in Nov, Slovenia home in Nov. Members have just had to renew at £70 and lots have just been to an expensive disappointing world cup and will be booking flights and hotels for Ireland and Slovenia away in June next year as they're released now.
    That's without even thinking about club football.

Most games are midweek - if you live up north which a lot of Englands support do it's a bloody mission.

The FA over the last 15 years have alienated the traditional England fan forcing them out. People get out the habbit and don't return. They are replaced by families and tourists (The FA's target audience) in the short term but they don't have the interest or desire to keep going when it's crap on the pitch and Beckham and co are no longer around.

That said 40k in that Norway game is the eny of most Countries still.

• Options
    Uboat said:

Can someone put up subtitles for this thread please?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    E-cafc said:

I used to go to almost all England games at Wembley but I will never go again because of the price and the shit experience that it is now. Having to sit next to people who resemble stuffed dummies and put up with that poxy band and be shoved around and dictated to by some £10 a week muppet steward is too much for me! I am a law abiding human being and won`t allow myself or my friends and family to be subjected to that shit ever again!

Still think the stadium is top notch though! The only time I will ever go there again is if Charlton are in the play off final!

Can i have your cup final ticket then?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Yeah, that makes sense you weirdo.

England home games are a chore. Mexican waves, no atmosphere, grown men in face paint and a game which is usually extremely dull.
  • Options
    Have said it before. Would like a policy of only playing friendlies against top 20 teams and we play to tourney rules of 3 subs only ( even if oppo use their five.)
    People are tired of paying through the nose to watch us play small countries who want to defend defend defend at the 'home of football'

Would also like us to take penalties if a draw ( draw remains result for statistical purposes)

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Years ago the England style was very attractive. To be honest, nowadays I consider the England international team to be rather boring (example World Cup in Brazil). Most clubs (Premier League or other) play a more attractive style.

I agree, penalty shootout after a draws in friendlies would probably attract more people.

Other alternative: In case of poor attendance, games could also be moved to different locations, cities where usually no internationals are played.
  • Options
    I went but only to get 2 caps for the next euros in France. If you go to all the home games & an away game your pretty much guaranteed tickets for the euros in 2 years. Didn't see the SE7 England flag this time & whoever that Charlton fan is there almost always there
  • Options
    Anyone know how to go about getting a ticket to the Slovenia game next summer?
  • Options
    The FA have already stated that they won`t stage any England games away from Wembley for the next 8 or 9 years because they need to pay for the stadium. The bad news for them is they won`t be paying it very quickly with 40k crowds!

As for having a penalty shoot out at the end of a friendly if it`s a draw? It`s difficult enough trying to get home from there after a midweek game so I don`t think prolonging the game by another 20-30 mins is a good idea. Besides, if you have just sat there and watched a pile of turgid crap for 90 mins all you want to do is get the hell out of there fast. How is the prospect of having a penalty shoot-out after 90 mins going to attract more people into going?

Tell you what, why don`t we put extra time in there as well, that will add another 10k-20k to the crowd I`m sure!

• Options
    England at Wembley is an irrelevance to those of us who live a few hundred miles away. The prospect of attending is massively expensive. Tickets, travel, subsistence, overnight accommodation (no chance of getting a last train) and for what? I don't even bother to watch it on the telly so why would I bankrupt myself to sit through the noise of that ridiculous "band" alongside a bunch of folk who like prawn sandwiches and don't mind forking out silly money?

But as others have said 40k are still paying up so there is no chance England will be playing in the north any time soon. Even if they did you can bet that poxy band will show up.
  • Options
    The band is one of the worst things about it. They dictate the songs to the point where no-one has the initiative to actually start a song anymore. The band should be banned! Wouldn`t be very happy if I had to sit near them!
  • Options
    40k for mediocre opposition and a non-competitive game is amazing really. Other sports would love that kind of disappointing attendance,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is a very good attendance in reality but England should be getting sell-outs for every single fixture at home. The stadium was built for 90k and that`s what the FA should be striving to get every time.
  • Options
    We could lend them our cheerleaders?
  • Options
    After a poor World Cup people are still a little disheartened with the National side. 40k for a home friendly against Norway is not great but neither is that bad.

The last 3 friendlies England played at home before the 1990 World Cup the attendances were

Czechoslovakia 21342
    Denmark 27643
    Uruguay 38751

Are prices too high now? We're prices too high 25 years ago.
  • Options
    I'll support Charlton & England through the good times & the bad times. I don't think £30 is expensive & I don't find it hard getting home from Wembley to Essex. England should always play at Wembley as that is a national stadium. Just my opinions.