Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I apologise

2»

Comments

• RedChaser said:

Listen guys and I know I am probably preaching to the converted but a wise old owl once told me when I was a very young man avoid argument on race, religion and politics and you won't end up in too many confrontational situations throughout your life. Don't get me wrong I have MY views on all these tinderbox subjects but they remain personal to me. If you show your hand, whichever side of the debate you favour then expect this type of regret and apology thread to follow. I have noticed that a certain poster of late is very good at drawing the pin on a grenade and throwing it into a room, I refuse to play his game, those of of you that enjoy it carry on by all means.

You should be able to engage with people on the subjects of race, religion and politics, just without it turning into an argument. I think the phrase is creative discussion :-)

''I feel I must apologise for the conduct of my nation during ze var.''

• RedChaser said:

Listen guys and I know I am probably preaching to the converted but a wise old owl once told me when I was a very young man avoid argument on race, religion and politics and you won't end up in too many confrontational situations throughout your life. Don't get me wrong I have MY views on all these tinderbox subjects but they remain personal to me. If you show your hand, whichever side of the debate you favour then expect this type of regret and apology thread to follow. I have noticed that a certain poster of late is very good at drawing the pin on a grenade and throwing it into a room, I refuse to play his game, those of of you that enjoy it carry on by all means.

You should be able to engage with people on the subjects of race, religion and politics, just without it turning into an argument. I think the phrase is creative discussion :-)
    I quite agree 'should' being the operative word. The test of time has proven otherwise as has this forum, littered with its many closed threads on these subjects in the past. Each to their own though and for those who wish to partake in such debates in future, good luck with the 'creative discussions'. I'm out, but then again I was never in. :-0
  • No need for an apology Len. I'm just amazed you got called xenophobic and hate-filled. Some people need to wind in their "holier than thou" attitudes.
  • I've tried to stay off all politics and religion threads since Thatcher died. Haven't quite managed it, but it has certainly improved my forum experience (and probably plenty of other people's too.)