Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

j Lawrence scandal

Comments

• Options

The arguament "well they shouldn't have taken the/uploaded them in the first place" is a flawed one. An iPhone automatically backs up your photos through iCloud (if you have it turned on) and even if you remove them from your phone they may not be removed from the iCloud servers.

Due to their line of work a lot of these people are find themselves in long distance relationships, something I understand, and so sometimes the occasional naughty snap could be shared between two people. What we need to remember is that we have no right to be looking at these pictures. The issue here isn't with the fact that these people have taken some dirty pictures, but that iCloud software has let down it's users.

I'm not going to try and claim some kind of morale high ground though, we have no entitlement to view these images but I still have.

Edit: Also please make sure you know how cloud software works. You either have it on and so it backs up everything on your phone, or you don't and risk losing everything if your phone gets stolen, damaged etc. Most people are often completely oblivious to the fact that their images and messages are backing up anyway, that doesn't make them "f**king idiots" and mean they are not entitled to do as they wish with their own body in what they had assumed was in privacy.

You make the most salient point in the last line, "in what they had assumed was privacy" - yep, as they say in the movies "Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck Ups."

You should never assume anything about technology or the Internet, assuming your photos are safe in the Cloud is like assuming that nice Dr. Shipman is just having a bad run with his patients.

As you say, you CAN choose to not back up your stuff to iCloud - you could back it up to a more secure location of course - and people (especially rich famous ones) should probably make themselves aware of this before putting close-up pictures of their bearded clam onto their iPad.
    This is where you lose me. They are normal people, they have their own private lives and their own private relationships, they don't deserve to have their intimate pictures paraded on the internet for all to see.
  • Options

The arguament "well they shouldn't have taken the/uploaded them in the first place" is a flawed one. An iPhone automatically backs up your photos through iCloud (if you have it turned on) and even if you remove them from your phone they may not be removed from the iCloud servers.

Due to their line of work a lot of these people are find themselves in long distance relationships, something I understand, and so sometimes the occasional naughty snap could be shared between two people. What we need to remember is that we have no right to be looking at these pictures. The issue here isn't with the fact that these people have taken some dirty pictures, but that iCloud software has let down it's users.

I'm not going to try and claim some kind of morale high ground though, we have no entitlement to view these images but I still have.

Edit: Also please make sure you know how cloud software works. You either have it on and so it backs up everything on your phone, or you don't and risk losing everything if your phone gets stolen, damaged etc. Most people are often completely oblivious to the fact that their images and messages are backing up anyway, that doesn't make them "f**king idiots" and mean they are not entitled to do as they wish with their own body in what they had assumed was in privacy.

You make the most salient point in the last line, "in what they had assumed was privacy" - yep, as they say in the movies "Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck Ups."

You should never assume anything about technology or the Internet, assuming your photos are safe in the Cloud is like assuming that nice Dr. Shipman is just having a bad run with his patients.

As you say, you CAN choose to not back up your stuff to iCloud - you could back it up to a more secure location of course - and people (especially rich famous ones) should probably make themselves aware of this before putting close-up pictures of their bearded clam onto their iPad.
    This is where you lose me. They are normal people, they have their own private lives and their own private relationships, they don't deserve to have their intimate pictures paraded on the internet for all to see.
    Hmmm, you'll have to remind me where I said they "deserve to have their intimate pictures paraded on the Internet for all to see." Oh, that's right I didn't say that at all.

What I said was that people with their resources to legal counsel should probably make themselves aware of the dangers of putting explicit pictures into the Cloud.
  • Options

Hmmm, you'll have to remind me where I said they "deserve to have their intimate pictures paraded on the Internet for all to see." Oh, that's right I didn't say that at all.

What I said was that people with their resources to legal counsel should probably make themselves aware of the dangers of putting explicit pictures into the Cloud.
    Let me articulate this better. You seem to be justifying the theft of their intimate images because they are 1) famous 2) use the same iCloud software we all use.

Also I'm not sure anybody, no matter who they are, should have to go to their lawyer after taking a picture of their beaver.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Has @DickPlumb seen then Kate Upton photos yet?
  • Options

Why was that woman poking at her eye with a bellend?

There's a japs eye joke in there somewhere
  • Options

She had an itch and was wearing mittens at the time. Perfectly logical

• Options
    Had me going for a bit misread the J for an L ,think I should go to the optitions thread
  • Options

Had me going for a bit misread the J for an L ,think I should go to the optitions thread

We all love Lenny, but no one wants to see that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Let me articulate this better. You seem to be justifying the theft of their intimate images because they are 1) famous 2) use the same iCloud software we all use.

Also I'm not sure anybody, no matter who they are, should have to go to their lawyer after taking a picture of their beaver.
    Here's a tip: If you are a very famous actress and have a desire to take and store pictures in the Cloud - AKA the 'Internet' - of your "Holiest of Holies" then try and use your not inconsiderable resources beforehand to investigate whether or not that is necessarily a sensible idea.

If Bradley Manning can hack the Pentagon then sure as shit somebody can hack iCloud, if people don't know this then they are fools to themselves.
  • Options

Here's a tip: If you are a very famous actress and have a desire to take and store pictures in the Cloud - AKA the 'Internet' - of your "Holiest of Holies" then try and use your not inconsiderable resources beforehand to investigate whether or not that is necessarily a sensible idea.

If Bradley Manning can hack the Pentagon then sure as shit somebody can hack iCloud, if people don't know this then they are fools to themselves.
    Hindsights a wonderful thing isn't it.
  • Options
    She looks a lot better naked than I imagined.

I feel a little bad for her but if you're a celebrity you now what the paparazzi are like...
  • Options

Showing her acting versatility by playing the character 'cockeye' from the film 'Once upon a time in America'.
  • Options

Hmm...not sure about all this.

On the one hand we have created a culture of celebrity in which some well known 'stars' are very happy to leak pictures, videos, etc, themselves if they think it will further their profile. On the other, from what I can gather, these are the digital equivalent of some scumbag burglar going through the victims property and making what they only ever intended to be private matters very, very public.

I doubt the general public would still be lapping it up if someone had done the same to them tbh but because these people are famous (apparently) it's okay to circulate them regardless of whether they are of the Paris Hilton approach or not.

I think if you make your living in the public domain you have to expect your private life to be subject to gossip and scrutiny to a large extent but I'm not sure they deserve this tbh.

Good post.

Got to be careful with what I say on here but can we try empathising with her right now, maybe?
  • Options

• Options

Has @DickPlumb seen then Kate Upton photos yet?

Not half. Um lovely.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Apple will be panicking about the bad publicity which obviously goes against their "our security is so great" preaching. Especially if the rumours that've been circulating for a while are true that they are considering removing the option to prevent everything being automatically saved to the iCloud in ios8.
  • Options
    I hate Apple
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Instead of thinking about photos I think people should think data. Like bank accounts and other such bits and pieces they keep up in the clouds.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Sorry was supposed to be on jokes page.
  • Options
    I get what Ormiston is saying

Me personally if I was into taking photos of my genitals for private (between two people) I would do what my limited mobile phone knowledge allows me to do, delete them pretty sharpish after use or if I was building a collection save them to a usb device. Granted also with my limited knowledge if I was using an apple device I may not be aware that it automatically gets uploaded to the ether.

One thing though, this episode should put a lot of people off using apple devices

But my word, what a body kate upton has. I've seen Leroy Ambrose use the phrase 'looks like she was designed by a committee of perverts' and she is aa case in point
  • Options
    Is the Jennifer Lawrence bumming video out, or is that going to become some kind of holy grail myth for years to come?
  • Options
    Holy grail? Can't you find a nice person who will consensually allow you to bum her?
  • Options
    Unlikely to be a Hollywood movie star tbf
  • Options
    SE23 said:

Carter said:

Me personally if I was into taking photos of my genitals for private (between two people) I would do what my limited mobile phone knowledge allows me to do, delete them pretty sharpish after use or if I was building a collection save them to a usb device. Granted also with my limited knowledge if I was using an apple device I may not be aware that it automatically gets uploaded to the ether.

One thing though, this episode should put a lot of people off using apple devices

But my word, what a body kate upton has. I've seen Leroy Ambrose use the phrase 'looks like she was designed by a committee of perverts' and she is aa case in point

Really?
    She is a beast!
    If you think she's a beast then you need your head looking at , jeez.
  • Options
    SE23 said:

Carter said:

Really?
    She is a beast!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c
  • Options
    Just received an incredible video of Miss Upson on my whatsapp. Today was a good day.