Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Posh V Orient in JPT

Just started Orient 1-0 up Dagnall with the goal

Marcus Maddison is playing for Posh remember we were linked with him before he signed for them

Comments

• little side note in this Ben Alnwick up against Orient

and Pritch is playing
  • Cracking equalizer.
  • Sure I have seen that Posh kit somewhere else..........
  • 1StevieG said:

Sure I have seen that Posh kit somewhere else..........

You should see their away kit..................
  • 1StevieG said:

Sure I have seen that Posh kit somewhere else..........

You should see their away kit..................
  • It dosnt really have that ring to it , does it?....Nike , and......... Mick George.

Pritch has hardly had a touch.
  • Talal said:

Glued to this thread waiting for updates

Alnwick almost lets in a soft one......
  • Ref has got his spray out.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Same ref we had at Brighton.
  • Pritch has scored a nice goal
  • Pritchard scores
  • Pritchard scores a clever back heel.
  • oh my days what a goal pritchard!!!!
  • Orient 3-1 up but down to 10 men
  • edited September 2014
    Alnwick turns a long ranger from Pritchard over the bar. Vincelot off.
  • Great goal by pritch, looks lively
  • Revived this magical thread to say that premier league u21 teams are being considered to be allowed to compete in the JPT next season. Clubs from league 1 & 2 are being asked to consider it.
    I know the JPT isn't a big deal but it just further devalues the importance of the league clubs. Hope they reject the idea.
  • Think only MK Dons or AFC Wimbledon voted against it at some meeting the league clubs had.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just what Chelsea and Arsenal need, more appearances at Wembley.
  • edited March 2015
    Yup, all League 1 and League 2 clubs (bar Wimbledon) voted in favour.
  • I find that strange, how does it benefit them?
  • Following media reports and subsequent comment regarding changes to the format of The Football League Trophy, The Football League has clarified the nature of discussions on the matter to date.

At their recent meeting at St. George's Park, League clubs discussed a number of issues emanating from the FA Chairman’s England Commission, including changes to work permits for non-EU players, the use of artificial playing surfaces and opportunities for Under 21 sides from clubs with category 1 academies to play in The Football League Trophy.

This last matter was first discussed by clubs at their meeting in June 2014, during which they also rejected any suggestion that Premier League B teams could be permitted to play in the league pyramid as advocated by the FA Chairman in his first report.

There are no plans to consider their introduction into league football again.

However, the issue of U21 sides playing in cup football remains a matter for further debate given the ongoing challenge faced by English football of providing enough first team opportunities for young playing talent.

Clubs have been asked to consider the concept of permitting sixteen U21 teams from clubs with category 1 academies to participate in The Football League Trophy. The competition would feature 16 groups of four teams with one U21 team in each group, before a knockout stage leading to a final at Wembley Stadium.

Given the previous concerns of the League and its clubs about Premier League B teams playing in the pyramid, any final proposal would also be accompanied by a change to the League’s Articles of Association that would protect the current 72 club constitution, save for any changes to promotion/relegation that clubs wished to make.

Therefore, having provided them with this comfort, clubs willingly debated the potential commercial, financial and player development benefits of having U21 teams in this competition from 2015/16.

No formal proposals were tabled and no formal vote taken. Instead, League 1 and 2 clubs were asked to indicate whether they were content to see The Football League progress the matter, which would include discussions with the Premier League and Football Association, so that clubs can consider a full proposal at a future point.

Therefore, as yet, no club has voted in favour or against the idea of having U21 teams in The Football League Trophy, they have only indicated whether they wish to consider the matter further. Ultimately any changes to this competition will only happen with the support of League 1 and 2 clubs.
  • Cheers Callum
  • I presume a lot of clubs would want to see PL U21 sides playing as it would potentially increase attendances.
  • It feels like the thin end of the wedge to allow Under 21 teams into the JPT. The Premier League will see it merely as a first step to introduce the concept of their youngsters playing against lower league opposition.

It could be seen as throwing Dyke and his chums a bone following their ridiculous report but I think it's more insidious than that.
  • "proposal would also be accompanied by a change to the League’s Articles of Association that would protect the current 72 club constitution"

I'd say that's the sweetner that is making them consider it
  • Clubs have been asked to consider the concept of permitting sixteen U21 teams from clubs with category 1 academies to participate in The Football League Trophy. The competition would feature 16 groups of four teams with one U21 team in each group, before a knockout stage leading to a final at Wembley Stadium.

Groups of four??

I hope we never play in this competition again. Record low attendances for bottom-of-the-table clash between Stoke City academy and Mansfield Town...

Would there still be the rules on having to field a strong side?
  • The journey men and stalwarts of the lower leagues would love kicking these Premiership kids

It could be quite entertaining.