Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    if we signed defoe his first touch in a charlton shirt would see the entire stadium booing him....
  • Options

Talal said:

No point buying another back up and alienating Church and Pigott.

Any striker we bring in needs to be good enough to go straight into the first team.

You honestly think we cant get better back ups than pigott and church?
    In an ideal world, yeah. Just think signing back ups for the sake of it is a dangerous game to play.
    I doubt we'd be looking for a backup as such, more someone that can realistically challenge George as Igor's strike partner.
    Definitely, and that level of player is worth looking at but if they aren't available then I think Bob is right to be happy with what we have for now.

Signing someone like Hanson at Bradford just because we can would be very odd.
    I get what you're saying though on the other hand someone like Hanson gives us an option we don't currently have (throwing Bikey up top aside). Matt Smith would be the most ideal for this imo.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

if we signed defoe his first touch in a charlton shirt would see the entire stadium booing him....

If we sign Defoe I promise not to boo.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

I would not
  • Options
    lol Defoe earns more in a day than most of the players at charlton make in a month, i'm afraid.
  • Options

lol Defoe earns more in a day than most of the players at charlton make in a month, i'm afraid.

Plus he's Judas and wouldn't be welcomed back by the majority anyway. :-)
  • Options

Plus he's Judas and wouldn't be welcomed back by the majority anyway. :-)
    If and its a big if he did come back and scored a debut Hatrick do you honestly think one person would not be cheering him the next game
  • Options

Is he capable of more than the one facial expression?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obika has finally left Spurs and signed a 2 year deal at Swindon for 200k
  • Options
    He looks proper miserable, hope Bikey clatters him
  • Options
    Nathan Eccles-cake has signed for Partick Thistle ... Hope they've got a Nando's
  • Options
    Obika must be one of the longest serving wage thiefs euh players at Spurs ever, good luck to him though.
  • Options
    It was only last year that they wanted 2 million for him.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Nathan Eccles-cake has signed for Partick Thistle ... Hope they've got a Nando's

FML.
  • Options
    James Mcarthur has been sat in his agents car outside Palace training ground for the past hour so there might be a late snag in that deal
  • Options
    I hear on the grapevine we are one phonecall away from signing Messi to a two year contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

James Mcarthur has been sat in his agents car outside Palace training ground for the past hour so there might be a late snag in that deal

This year's Odemwingie.
  • Options

The dogging doesnt start until it gets dark so he may well be waiting a few more hours yet.
  • Options
    Deport is gonna be a flop just wait and see
  • Options

The dogging doesnt start until it gets dark so he may well be waiting a few more hours yet.
    They have to wait for Call Collymore to finish first.
  • Options
    Was it Delort's fault, we do not know the truth, perhaps Wigan was the only club willing to pay 4m euros (rumoured), so had no choice if he wanted to play in England
  • Options
    Delort only has one expression? Gangsta look, I bet he wears his jeans halfway down his arse too.
    Lucky escape I reckon.
  • Options
    I cant see us signing anyone today.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Footballer in 'surly prat pose' shock!!

To be fair Bulot was giving it some burger gangsta shizzle in his pants so thats not much better. Delort does look like he has been at his mum's eyeliner though. Knob