Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Rumours and Deals (8pm CAFC summary: meh)

Comments

• Options
    Weren't Derby interested in Church last season?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

Don't care if centre back is not a priority. Signing a quality young player is good whichever way you cut it up.

You might not care SHG but I do if it means after signing another CB no more funds available to Bob for a target man.
    I think we can be pretty sure that if RD wants a good young CB and a striker, he will pay for them, don't forget we were in for two players when the transfer window shut, plus the money he was willing to spend on other players, Delort for one.
    Can we be sure RD wants another good young CB on top of the three he's got waiting in the wings not to mention Gomez? If he has money to burn fine but to sign another CB would seem to go against his principles of giving home grown youth a chance wouldn't it and what message does that send to them? There's always the network to farm them out to I suppose. :-0
    Get him now, farm him out on loan for a little while... either Morrison will decide that enough is enough and leave or (much more likely for me) Ben Haim and/or Bikey will see out their short term deals and seek new pastures. In steps the new defender and we're looking at a partnership of Gomez and Kuipers, which frankly doesn't seem too sad to me at all. Short term, two young but already accomplished centrebacks playing and improving side by side. Long term, healthy profit to plow back into the club. Win win as far as I can see!
  • Options
    Borges, who we were linked with in August has scored twice for Costa Rica tonight.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Don't care if centre back is not a priority. Signing a quality young player is good whichever way you cut it up.

You might not care SHG but I do if it means after signing another CB no more funds available to Bob for a target man.
    RD signs players he sees he can get a return on. If this guy fits the bill I doubt it has any impact on Bobs first eleven needs.

• Options
    edited October 2014

RedChaser said:

RD signs players he sees he can get a return on. If this guy fits the bill I doubt it has any impact on Bobs first eleven needs.

I am sure RD also wants to reach the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow by getting to the Premiership. I do not think he will blindly buy CB's for the sake of relatively small capital gain especially if the money can be put to better use acquiring the missing piece(s) of the jigsaw to get promotion. On the hard evidence thus far, not rumoured signings that fell through, he dropped a clanger with Polish Pete and dodged a bullet with Delort so I wouldn't be surprised if he is thinking long and hard about his next acquisition being a partner for Igor never mind yet another CB but hey that's just my take on things and you are entitled to yours.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I am sure RD also wants the to reach the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow by getting to the Premiership. I do not think he will blindly buy CB's for the sake of relatively small capital gain especially if the money can be put to better use acquiring the missing piece(s) of the jigsaw to get promotion. On the hard evidence thus far, not rumoured signings that fell through, he dropped a clanger with Polish Pete and dodged a bullet with Delort so I wouldn't be surprised if he is thinking long and hard about his next acquisition being a partner for Igor never mind yet another CB but hey that's just my take on things and you are entitled to yours.
    Didn't Katrien state that promotion was not something being actively pursued at this point. Of course if it happens then it happens but adding to Bobs front line will only happen if and when a player becomes available that RD thinks will pay off. I don't see him thinking in terms of missing jigsaw pieces.

• Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I am sure RD also wants the to reach the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow by getting to the Premiership. I do not think he will blindly buy CB's for the sake of relatively small capital gain especially if the money can be put to better use acquiring the missing piece(s) of the jigsaw to get promotion. On the hard evidence thus far, not rumoured signings that fell through, he dropped a clanger with Polish Pete and dodged a bullet with Delort so I wouldn't be surprised if he is thinking long and hard about his next acquisition being a partner for Igor never mind yet another CB but hey that's just my take on things and you are entitled to yours.
    Didn't Katrien state that promotion was not something being actively pursued at this point. Of course if it happens then it happens but adding to Bobs front line will only happen if and when a player becomes available that RD thinks will pay off. I don't see him thinking in terms of missing jigsaw pieces.

Katrien may well have been trying to manage expectations neither I or you know the answer to that and your character assessment of RD clearly differs with mine so we'll have to agree to disagree, I'm out.
  • Options
    If he is good and young and reasonably priced then why not.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

As I said earlier provided it doesn't affect the signing of another striker no problem other than sending the wrong message out to the young CBs in waiting, definitely my final word. :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

As I said earlier provided it doesn't affect the signing of another striker no problem other than sending the wrong message out to the young CBs in waiting, definitely my final word. :-)
    Suspect if we went for this guy Morrison would be sold to recoup our outlay on this chap. I am not convinced Lennon will make Champ grade. Our main two are on one year contracts.

We can make room if we rate this guy highly enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bikey is on a 2 year contract.

Kuipers could be someone that comes in next summer. By then we could have sold Morrison, released Ben Haim, might have got a big offer for Gomez. Or he might be better than anyone we have here. Shouldn't need a new CB this season but could easily need a couple in the summer.
  • Options
    I think we are forgetting about the added value I. Terms of bringing in players for the network? Lennon. May not be ready here but there's nothing to block him from taking a loan stint at one of the lesser clubs which will to RD, bring more value than a loan with L1/L2 side...
  • Options
    Millwall have signed long-serving Stoke City defender Andy Wilkinson on a three-month loan deal.
    The 30-year-old has made almost 200 appearances for the Potters since making his debut in 2001 after coming through the club's academy.
    However, he has struggled for game time since Mark Hughes replaced Tony Pulis as manager in 2013.
    Millwall lost regular right-back Carlos Edwards to a season-ending knee injury against Nottingham Forest in September.
    The loan deal for Wilkinson, who signed a one-year contract with a 12-month option with the Potters during the summer, contains a recall option after the first month.
  • Options
    Derby County have signed Stoke City and England Under-21 goalkeeper Jack Butland on a one-month loan deal.
    The 21-year-old joined the Potters from Birmingham City in January 2013 and had loan spells with Barnsley and Leeds last season.
    Butland comes in after Lee Grant was injured in the 3-0 win over Reading.
  • Options
    Everyone else getting loans in to cover injuries, but not us
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It needs to be the right player though. If the right player isn't there then we move forward with what we have. Always will be the case.
  • Options

Derby County have signed Stoke City and England Under-21 goalkeeper Jack Butland on a one-month loan deal.
    The 21-year-old joined the Potters from Birmingham City in January 2013 and had loan spells with Barnsley and Leeds last season.
    Butland comes in after Lee Grant was injured in the 3-0 win over Reading.

I make him a much better keeper than Grant .. McClaren has done a shrewd piece of business there .. the dog
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Linked with Colchester striker Freddie Sears in todays FLP.
  • Options
    Freddie Sears? Been doing well for them this season. Was originally at west ham I believe
  • Options
    http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48880

Starting to score goals regularly

At 5 ft 7 he fails the height test and would be an alternative to Igor rather than the target man to play alongside him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No thanks
  • Options
    This is the same player who, when playing in the PL and Championship, scored just two goals in 83 appearances but playing in League 1 has managed 28 in 93.

On the basis of those stats alone I would say a big "no".
  • Options
    Vetekole out in January to a bottom scraping premier league team eg Palace and Sears in as his replacement? really hope not but I cannot ever remember a decent January for us.
  • Options
    If a silly offer came in for vetokele then I wouldn't be suprised if it was accepted.

Roland will be more than happy to make money out of that deal
  • Options
    Quincy Owusu-Abeyie on trial with us according to Twiter.
  • Options

I think our recruitment policy is progressing nicely from only scouting Belgian players we have never heard of to Belgian players with ridiculous names we cannot pronounce.

All part of the dastardly RD master plan of course.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ross said:

First Oguchi Onyewu, and now this guy.

Have the club shop got an excess of O's and U's to use for shirt printing?
    I'll have a vowel please Rachael...
  • Options
    Quincy is Dutch .... not Belgian.
  • Options
    Ross said:

First Oguchi Onyewu, and now this guy.

Have the club shop got an excess of O's and U's to use for shirt printing?
    More likely U's as their are more U's than O's lol